Thread: HWMonitor: PSU showing low voltage

HWMonitor: PSU showing low voltage

Friends, I have installed the HWMonitor program to my system that is used to read the main health sensors of the computer. But there is problem with the program that it is doing very badly in reading the voltage. It is reading lower voltages as compared to the reading that it did 6 plus months previously. This happens suddenly. When I first installed the HWMonitor program then it was showing me the higher voltage which is almost same as shown in the BIOS display. Can you please tell me that what can be the problem with that and how can it be solved to give the correct reading? I am asking this question to you because this is the first time that I had 3 reboots in load and 1 freeze in load. It’s the first time after changing the RAM a year before. Thank you.

Re: HWMonitor: PSU showing low voltage

I was also having the same problem earlier. The power supply +12 Volt rail drops under +11.4 Volts and sometimes the +5 Volt rail drops under +4.75 Volts in load. It was the power supply voltage regulation trouble. You should check if the HWMonitor reads the one that is posted along with the system within load otherwise idle. I have personal experience of this and therefore I am telling you to do that and see what result you get.

I would like to tell you that the 12.3V within the BIOS is a tad towards the elevated area but still satisfactory. I would forever dependence on the BIOS readings more than software readings. The voltage measuring chips are not dependable flanked by boards and it is not fine documented what every board uses therefore the software tends to obtain a guess as well as expect to appear close. To make certain you are precise make use of a digital multimeter. I would check out a molex connector. The yellow toward black will provide you 12V.

I think that you need to try the OCCT test. This is the best to test the power supply. If you use this then you will find that it will graph the voltage for 60 minutes above a diversity of tests. This test includes CPU, GPU, etc. If you are using the low grade PSU then my suggestion to you is to use the OCCT "PSU Test". It is very well recognized to put an end to marginal PSU's. I wish that this is going to help you.

Just for your information, I would like to tell you that fan within the tower akin to throttle up as well as down. This is most likely the CPU fan. This is sufficient to irritate anyone who is using computer. It performs this around 5 seconds. The fan throttling up as well as down has no association to CPU temps or else workload. Occasionally occurs when the computer is frosty, further times when humid. AMD Cool-n-Quiet is immobilized within the BIOS. Also, it is standard for the PSU case to be obviously warmer or cooler to the feel.