Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How does SVN work

Windows Software

Old 24-01-2011

How does SVN work

So I'm working on a project, is used in the SVN. Right now I'm just "Update to Head" (the stuff from the other hole) and "commit" (ie send out mean). Well at Sevres want to switch anything, are thus supports tags and branches or so. Now I wonder just what is it and I need that (or it helps me). Have to look for short (will not read encyclopedias) How to set up and a check out / found. But that's not what I need?

Old 24-01-2011

Re: How does SVN work

After reading this question which you have posted here I have searched a lot on to the website and after that I got this information and I hope this will help you. Actually, tags and should Braches of SVN in the basic configuration (if this is a setting at all possible) are already selected. Attempts to create even a branch and then post error messages if it does not really have to go.
Old 24-01-2011

I am also going through the same issue and in my case it is little bit different and in this the matter is that I am not getting any kind of issue in my case. Actually at the time of using this I am unable to get the things which are given in that. And regarding this I have also visited many of the website but unable to get any appropriate solution for my issue. If you guys have any suggestion regarding this then please help me as soon as it is possible.
Old 24-01-2011

'Tags' are essentially something like bookmarks. This means that you can review a specific number to name them easier to find. It is eg used for major and minor versions fix or whenever a specific project objective has been implemented. A 'Branch' is a copy of the project. I create a branch whenever you want to implement functionality, which we know still do not know if it is to be actually used, or interfere with the implementation of the main branch would be significantly. If the relevant part is finished and should be used, then combined again to the branch with the trunk.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,