Thread: how to extract zip folder in windows 7

how to extract zip folder in windows 7

I’v e a dell laptop and I’m using windows 7 operating system in my laptop. Before windows 7 I’m using windows xp. My laptop is working good and I’m quite happy with that, the only problem in my laptop is that I’m not able to extract a .zip file in my system. before this, when I’m using windows xp I can easily extract my .zip file but in windows 7 when I’ve removed the zip genius software then I won’t extract my .zip ending file. I don’t understand why ?. the problem is that my windows 7 does’nt recognize the .zip file, it ask me what program you want to used to open a .zip file and it gives a list of program. Windows 7 inbuilt extractor can’t open my zip file I don’t understand what to do. Please tell me how should I open my .zip file. Please help me.

Re: how to extract zip folder in windows 7

If you are using a zip genius software then why you have uninstall that software ?. if you are not able to open a .zip file then install that zip genius software again in your system. install a new latest version of zip genius software from internet and install in your system. there are many sites on internet which allow to download this software free of cost, you can download the software from any of the sites, but it should be reliable sites. If you don’t want to download any software and you want to open a zip file from the inbuilt windows 7 extractor then try to open the file with recommended program which windows suggest you. If you still can’t open a file, then try to open some other file may be that file will be corrupted.

You have to download the software to open a.zip file. There are many software on internet which can extract a zip file. when you are using zip genius software then why you have uninstalled that software ?. well, forget that, you can also open a .zip file without any software. Windows 7 have inbuilt software to extract the .zip file, if you won’t able to open your file in windows 7 then try to open some other file may be that file will be corrupted. If you still can’t open any of the zip file then something is wrong in your windows 7 operating system. try to format the system and then install a new os in your laptop. Hope it works for you.

I think you don’t know how to extract a .zip file in windows 7. Before this you are using windows xp but windows 7 and windows xp are different in use, so if you want to extract your zip file then right click to your zip file and go in properties, then in the place it ask what program you want to open the file with change it to "windows explorer". After changing this you’ll will be able to open your zip file. I think you are trying to open a zip file with some other program and therefore you’re getting a problem in extracting a file. Try the above steps, hope it works for you.