Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Create consolidated projects in Ms Project

Windows Software

Old 24-01-2011

Create consolidated projects in Ms Project

I have installed the Microsoft Project 2007 on my Windows 7 machine and I have created several projects on this machine. It would have been better if I can create a single project that can manage all of my projects. I know that it would be possible to do this after creating the consolidated projects. Is there anybody who is master in the Ms Project then please help me to get the procedure for creating the consolidated projects.

Old 24-01-2011

Re: Create consolidated projects in Ms Project

With Project, it is also possible to manage multiple projects as a unit, creating consolidated projects. A consolidated project is a project that will consolidate within it several other projects, giving you an overview of these projects, thereby allowing you to manage as a single unit. To create a consolidated project, we just have to import a new project. To do this in the Import menu, select Project. Add the projects you want to import. Once imported projects, a Project icon tells you that new tasks are added projects. Similarly, the current project summary task duration is to the sum of the durations of two projects which have been imported. All operations that we will now on this project will affect the two projects as one. For example, identifying the critical path will take over all tasks of the 2 projects that are vital for the duration of the consolidated project.
Old 24-01-2011

Thank you so much as I have got the perfect procedure for creating the consolidated projects by using this software. Now one more question has arrived in my mind that suppose if I due to lack of time, I am not able to complete a particular task and hence I have to leave it as it is. So can you guys tell me that what should I do to reschedule uncompleted tasks.
Old 24-01-2011

I have gone the through the condition that you are talking about. On your project, it can happen that you have unfinished tasks for various reasons (vacation, weather.) Project allows you to reschedule your work to complete it later. To do this, you just choose to update your assignment or project. Then, just simply indicate when work will resume its course.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,