Thread: Error in the PDF Preview Handler

Error in the PDF Preview Handler

Hi, one and all here. I have recently installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 on my computer. I am able to open the PDF files with this reader but the problem is that it is not able to preview the document. It just shows me some messages that says that it cannot shoe the preview of the file because there is some error in the preview pane. I have already tried many things from my side that I know to solve the issue but that all were just waste of time. So it will be really a great help for me if you can provide me some guidance with the problem.

Re: Error in the PDF Preview Handler

As you told that you are using the Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 and I think that the problem you are getting is because of the older version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader. In my case, I am making use of the version 9.3 and that is not showing me any of such issues. There are other versions also available for this and you can download and install them to your computer. This is the best possible way by which the problem which you are facing can be solved. I hope that this will help you in any manner. Thank you.

There may be some problem with the copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader that you have installed in your computer. The setup may be corrupted and that is the reason that it is not able to install all the files needed for this completely. In my suggestion, if you do not want to change the version and stick with the same version then you can install the Adobe Acrobat Reader again. Ti avoid the setup error, you can download the fresh copy from internet and again try to install that. If the problem is due to bad installation then this time the issue will be solved.

I have doubt that the PDF files that you are trying to open is having problem with that and so it is not getting opened. To check for the issue you can try to open that file in some other computer having the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. It will be better if it is the latest version. If those files are not getting opened without any problem then it will ensure that the problem is not with the reader but with the file itself. Now make some other file and see if that is getting opened or not. Once it is cleared that problem is with the file or reader then you can move on to the solution easily.

There may be some virus in your system that is causing these entire problems. Do you have installed any antivirus to your system? If not then you should install one in your computer and scan the entire system with that. Make sure that the virus definition is up to date otherwise it will not detect some threads and problem may persist in the system. Try to clean all the files that it detects as corrupted. If it is not able to clean that then delete those files but make sure that those are not the system files. This is one of the possible reasons and solutions for this issue.