Thread: Help to Save Excel Files on Windows 7

Help to Save Excel Files on Windows 7

I have just upgraded my Windows Vista machine to Windows 7 and have seen that there is something wrong with the Microsoft Excel. Actually the excel files that I have created through Excel 2000 while I was using the Vista OS on my machine, are showing some error after trying to open them. When I try to save them then it shows the following:

"An unexpected error occurred, Not enough Memory available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more Memory available and then try again".

Re: Help to Save Excel Files on Windows 7

I guess you need to reinstall the Microsoft Excel on your machine as there might be some mistake done while installing the same program on your windows 7 machine. Now don't tell me that you are not running the same MS Excel that you were using on your windows vista os. If you are trying to use the excel 2000 files on some other version of the excel then there might be some kind of compatibility issue. You can directly refer to the normal procedure to reinstall the ms excel on an official website of microsoft.

I am having a similar kind of problem with regarding opening an Excel files on the Windows 7 machine. Actually I I am able to open all the excel files that I have create by my self but when it comes to the file that I have got from the mail. Then it does not gets opened. I have never seen such a problem, If my Excel 2010 is able to open the other excel files that why its unable to open the files that comes from network. Is it a problem due to file transfer?

If your Excel files do not pose a problem and Excel files sent by others does not pose a problem, I think the solution should be sought on the side of the sender. His files must have properties that prevent you from opening them on your computer. Ask him (the sender) if you are the only one with this kind of problem with excel files it sends. To repair such kind of problem with an excel file go to the Add / Remove Programs where you have to choose Edit to Microsoft Office. But make sure that you have a MS Office CD with you as it would be asking about the same while doing it.

I think you must reactivate the association of file extensions by using the Microsoft Office software that you have installed on your windows 7 os. First display the file extensions to be sure to check many different associations. One you are done with it then right click on a file. Xls or. Xlsx, and then in get into the menu and choose "Open With". Here you have to click on "Choose Program" and choose Excel. Do not forget to check the lower left "Always use the selected program ...". You just need to repeat the same thing for the running .Doc file with Ms Word .ppt and. pps file with the Ms Powerpoint.

Even I had a same kind of problem but it was bit different which does not matter in much ways, So that's what I did:

• Uninstall "Microsoft Office 2007" and "Compatibility Pack for Microsoft Office" with Revo Uninstaller
    • Fix registry errors with CCleaner.
    • Restart the computer.

From here Word files, PowerPoint had regained their original icon except Excel with its extension. "Xlsx" and still the error message when opening the file. However, I noticed that this file does not open with "Microsoft Office Excel" but with "2007 Microsoft Office Component". Then I used the technique of "file association" and I put as the default program "Microsoft Excel" for the extension .xlsx . Now more of a problem, the icons are normal and more error message.