Thread: Windows 7: New level of the folder is open in to new windows

Windows 7: New level of the folder is open in to new windows

I don't know where is the problem and why this is happening in this situation? Well i am having Windows 7 on my computer. Whenever i use windows explorer to get down folder in to file system each level gets open into new Windows which results in to dozens of open windows on the computer. I need to close all this windows. I tried a lot to solve the matter but it did not help me. Finally i have decided to discuss with you all regarding this situation. I am hoping that you will definitely help me out from this situation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: New level of the folder is open in to new windows

Well looking at your situation i think you should try with the changing the settings of the folder. I am writing about all this stuff i am hoping that it will help you from this situation.
    1. You have to click on Start button and navigate to control panel.
    2. Now choose Appearance and Personalization and now go for Folder Option.
    3. Now choose Appearance and Personalization and now go for Folder Option.
    4. You should go for General tab and go for Open each folder in the same window.
    5. Well this will let you to make a new folder to replace already open window.

I am hoping that it will help you from this situation.

I was having the similar problem and there was virus issue in my case. So I have done virus scan suing Microsoft Security essential on my computer. After doing the scan I am not having any problem. Hence I recommend you that you should use Microsoft Security essential and see whether problem persist or not. For your information you can get Microsoft Security essential from the official website of the Microsoft. I will be delighted if my suggestion helps to fix the problem.

I think I have found the root cause of the problem in my situation. Well this problem was happening due to Anquet maps 1.1 which was installed on the computer of mine. Well I have researched and found that the Anquet maps of version 1.2 do not cause any problem in windows 7. So I recommend you that you should use latest version of this software. I hope it will help you out to solve the matter. Thanks for reading

Well I want to say thank you to all of you to providing with the possible suggestion. You were right there was the version of the Anquet maps software. I have installed the latest one and from where there is no issue in the computer of mine. I appreciate your efforts that you have put in. Also I want to appreciate all of you for helping me in this situation. Thanks a lot for replying. Thanks again.