Thread: Windows7: Unable to create Thumb nail of WMF file

Windows7: Unable to create Thumb nail of WMF file

I am using Windows 7 from past few months. I am really satisfied with the feature of this program. Well now my question is how I can create thumbnails of Windows Meta File (.wmf). I can see the .wmf file by simply clicking on it but there is no thumbnail is produced for the same. As far as I know Windows 7 is able to create thumbnail for the other clip art formats but unable to do so for .wmf formats. Even it was happening in to Windows XP. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows7: Unable to create Thumb nail of WMF file

Well I am having some information regarding .wmf files which will be useful to know more about this file. Basically .wmf extension is used to support graphic files which are created by vector. Well vector based images means these images are created by utilizing mathematical instruction to remark several images. It is like as MIDI files on audio sides which do not have any Wave forms. Well only reason is to unable to create of thumbnail is security. Hence Microsoft has disabled this feature in Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Now I think you have understood why are you unable to create and view thumbnail of .wmf file.

Well I am having solution on this matter to fix the problem. You know very well that this feature of thumbnail is disabled by Microsoft. Hence you have to use third party software application in order to fix the matter. I recommend you that you should use IrFanView in your situation. Well it available for free on the internet, so download it and install the same. Well it supports various graphic file formats to view images it also support for the file conversion. I think IrFanView will definitely help you out from this situation.

Well looking at your situation I think I am having a solution and I think it will help you out to solve the matter. Well I recommend you that you should down load MysticThumbs from the internet. Well MysticThumbs generates thumb nail for all the image files which are not supported by the Windows. It simply runs in back ground with windows explorer so you did not require launching an application separately

Well I want to say thank you to all of you for replying with appropriate suggestion in this situation. Well MysticThumbs was really helpful for me. I have downloaded and installed the same on my computer. Now I am able to create thumbnail of the .wmf file. It was great plugin. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in. Again I want to say thanks to all of you for replying with me suggestion. Appreciated!