Thread: dell Laptop turns on but doesnt allow to log in

dell Laptop turns on but doesnt allow to log in

I’ve a dell inspiron laptop and it is not working good for me. I don’t know exactly that the problem is in my laptop or my operating system or something else. I’m using windows 7 operating system, the problem is whenever I switch on and goes to login the mouse don’t move it and I can’t enter my password for login. The cursor of my mouse won’t appear on screen and when I press the keyboard key nothing happen. When I restart my laptop the same problem is happen again. I don’t understand what to do. Please tell me how to resolve this issue please help me.

Re: dell Laptop turns on but doesnt allow to log in

I think there is some problem with your mouse. You’re not able to login because for entering a username and password you need to click first at the textbox given there for entering a username and password. If you can’t able to click on that textbox then you cannot login to your system. if you have an external mouse connected your laptop then remove your mouse from your laptop and then connect your mouse again to your laptop, move your mouse, if the cursor appear then click on the textbox and enter the username or password then you’ll logon to your system.

If you r cursor is not appearing on a screen then you can’t enter any key from keyboard. If you press any key from keyboard it will not appear on screen and you’ll not logon to your system. I think there is something wrong with your mouse. You can’t check the setting of your mouse because you’re not logon to your system. if you have an external mouse then connect your external mouse to your laptop and then start your laptop. See if any cursor appear or not, if you can’t see any cursor then I think it is better to go in a service center .

If you are using an external mouse then you can check your mouse first. Remove your mouse connection from your laptop and see for any external damage to your mouse wire.if your wire has been broken then your laptop can’t detect your mouse. If you find there is no external damage to a wire then put your mouse in another usb slot and then try to start your laptop. If you still can’t see any cursor then I think something is wrong with your operating system. you have to install a new operating system in your laptop, but I think all your data will remove from your c: drive, I’m not sure.

Sometime this problem is happen with laptop. If you are using a laptop with external mouse then check your mouse. Remove your mouse from a usb port and palce it to a another port. If you are not using usb mouse then just remove your mouse from the port and place it to the same port again. Now, start your laptop and see that any cursor is appearing on screen or not. If not then take your laptop to a service center because it may be some internal problem which you can’t diagnose it. If you have a warranty of your laptop then you can will get free service.