Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows won't allow me to download a software

Windows Software

Old 23-01-2011

windows won't allow me to download a software

I?ve a desktop computer at my home, I recently brought a c160 webcam from my friend. I don?t have a driver for this webcam so I?ve downloaded a driver from internet but, when I try to install a driver on my computer then windows don?t allow me to do this, I get this message while installation ?? Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened". Then I try to install that driver again and same message I got again. I don?t know why it is not allowing me to install a software driver. Can you please tell me. Please help me.

Old 23-01-2011

Re: windows won't allow me to download a software

You have downloaded that driver from unreliable website and therefore your internet security setting is not allowing you to install that driver. It might be some virus or any other threat in that files. You should not download anything from any such sites. There are many websites which is not secured. If your browser or internet security prompt you about this then you should not download anything from there. The websites which is not secured and if there is a chance of any threat or virus, worm, etc. then your internet security alert will prompt you about this and you should not visit to that websites again.
Old 23-01-2011

You can?t install that driver, because your windows security alert will not allow you to open such file which is downloaded from a websites which may contain virus or any of threat. Your windows security alert have the responsibility to check for any threat which come from the internet. So, if there is any such file, driver or software which contain such things, internet explorer will won?t allow such file to open and therefore you are getting that ? Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened" message.
Old 23-01-2011

You have activated the internet security alert in your system and therefore you are getting that message. You can also disable your internet security setting. You have to do a setting in your browser for that. The windows give you this message because the downloaded content is not reliable and if it will install in system then may be your system will get affected. It is security alert for user, so that we can?t install any such content which is not good for a system. you can also see this security alert while downloading or visiting to such sites.
Old 25-01-2011

You should download a driver from a reliable websites. There are many viruses and worms on such unreliable websites. If you download anything from such sites then there is a chance of getting virus in your system. you can download a driver from official website of that webcam. The official sites of any computer equipment products is reliable. If you enable your security setting then you?ll get the message at the time of downloading or visiting to that website. If you get any such message then you should not leave that website as soon as possible.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,