Thread: What is advantage of idle tasks in MS Project 2010

What is advantage of idle tasks in MS Project 2010

I am about to install the Microsoft Office 2010 on my windows 7 computer system. Specially I install the MS Office on my machine just to use the Microsoft project. Before installing the latest version I would like to know that what the benefits that I take advantage of while using the MS Project 2010. More specifically I can say that what would be an advantage of an idle tasks in MS Project 2010?

Re: What is advantage of idle tasks in MS Project 2010

One Of The New Features Microsoft Project 2010 Is To include idle tasks in a schedule. Idle resources (we all know a few) are available for Some Time When using MS Project with Project Server. You May wonder why do yew Inactive thesis tasks. It Will Probably Be Many Ingenious Uses of These Are Invented by users As They Become Familiar With The latest version of Microsoft Project. The official line of Microsoft Rather vague in Announcing That This Was Functionality allow a simplified planning scenarios and play analysis.

One thing you can be assured of a project that is things will change and they changed again . How many times did you have to delete and then restore tasks because of exchange and then introduced removed? With inactive tasks you can simply mark a task as inactive if it were to be removed from the content of your project. A recording of it remains in the schedule goal it has no impact on time, labor and costs, published in the project plan. If the task is restored, it is simply marked as active again.

This approach "Eliminate the Need For The Project Management to Maintain different versions of The Schedule. Another aspect of this feature Useful Is That You Can Easily see How Many tasks are inactive as Identified On The life cycle of a project, Which Can Be a Powerful Illustration Of The disruptive effects of constant change.

The projects are invariably associated Risks; Project Server Provides a Useful Way to Track Project Risk in a SharePoint workspace. In Risk Analysis, weekends Identify Potential Risks and plan accordingly. Our risk list in SharePoint Cdn Identify The Impact of Risk Reduction Strategy and contingencies. Inactive tasks included May Be In The Model to project schedule reduction actions required should "That May Be a Risk Occur . In the Management of Risks are Words That indicates "this" should not Happen, But It Happens ... " inactive tasks Can Be Used to allow The reduction of risk and Perhaps Even more important to Remind people What potential risk & the Proposed and Agreed Actions to Mitigate The Risk. If a risk of rolling stock, Activate the actions in planning IS Simply Activate the appropriate "idle task.