Thread: Adobe Reader does not appear in selection list for PDF files

Adobe Reader does not appear in selection list for PDF files

Recently I have Acrobat and many times my Adobe Reader 9.3.4. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but PDF files are still not recognized as such. When I open the reader can view the files, but directly from folders, for example, will not do. The files have a blank sheet as a symbol and "Open with ..." I cannot select adobe reader! Can anyone help? I am just looking for your replies. And also I want to thank you guys in advance.

Re: Adobe Reader does not appear in selection list for PDF files

The PDF file type will be well connected properly. The easiest way to right click the file> select Open With> Choose Program, then - after the Acrobat Reader with you is never mentioned - browse with 'Browse' to the EXE of the Acrobat Reader installation directory. Then 'file type always open with selection' and select 'OK'. You should now have the files open by double. Alternatively, you can make The same through the Control Panel> Folder Options in the tab 'File Types', by selecting PDF from the list and in turn link to the Acrobat Reader.

I am going through the same issue and in my case I can open when using the reader can click though, but it is not included in the selection. and folder options, there is no ride for me "file types" only "General", "view" and "search". And now I have the adobe reader 4.9 but the problem persists! Can anyone help me? It is always so awkward having to open the first reader to then file - pdf from> above the desired to choose.

Related to this I want to know that what kind of operating system you are? I described the way for Windows XP, on Vista and Windows 7 is all unfortunately somewhere else sorry, I did not know, otherwise they would have written down. The file allocation made recently to Control Panel> Default Programs> 'file type or protocol with a program to assign', there PDF documents can reassign the Adobe Reader. Here is the way with pictures to describe.

Yes I have windows seventh the way I've also created a template so now, thanks. But unfortunately I cannot still call the adobe reader. Double click on it is simply not reflected in the selection list. No idea why. I choose the correct file actually already. Actually in order to get rid from this issue I am tried many of the solution but none of them works in my case.

PDF is now linked with what? Make the best the following: Start> Run> cmd (Windows Vista simply enter cmd in the search box from, I think). This opens a command line utility, give there assoc, and press enter. Then scroll up. Pdf what is claimed as an association? So just try this I am sure that you will get solution after trying this solution. And after trying this if you will get solution then just inform me over here.