Thread: Unable to open the folder by double clicking on it

Unable to open the folder by double clicking on it

I am using Windows 7 on my computer and I am having strange problem and I have decided to discuss with you all. Well I have found that whenever I double click on any folder it does not open. However I can see at taskbar that particular folder is open and I can also see the content of the file by review icon. But when I click on it folder does not maximize. Now I am confused why this is happening. I think there is bug in to the operating system. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to open the folder by double clicking on it

Well looking at your situation I think Shell32.dll which deals with the storage of information regarding windows interface and is utilized to open the files or web pages is might be corrupted due to some reason.Well I think you should try to restore Shell32.dll Now question is how to begin.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go to Run.
    2. Now you have to enter regsvr32 /i shell32.dll and press enter.
    Now see whether it helps you or not. Let me know whether it helps you out or not. Wish you all the best!

Well I think you should run your computer into safe mode and see how folder behaves in this situation. You have to restart your computer and press F8 from the keyboard. Now it will send to Advanced Boot Option. Here you have to choose Safe Mode option using arrow keys of the keyboard. Now press enter. Your system will boot into safe mode. Now you should check the behavior of the folder and post here so that I can let you possible solution in this situation. Anyway thanks for reading.

I think you can apply the following trick just after opening the folder. This solution is useful when folder is visible on task bat but not visible.
    1. You have to hit Alt and space bar. A menu will display at the side of the screen. You have to select Move.
    2. Using any Arrow key from the keyboard it doesn’t matter which arrow key you are using.
    3. Now move the mouse pointer in the center of the screen and see whether the folder is visible or not.

Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not. Thanks a lot for reading.