Thread: Windows 7: Unable to create new folder error’ File System Error 512’

Windows 7: Unable to create new folder error’ File System Error 512’

I am having Windows 7 on my computer. I am unable to create new folder in to the public picture library. All the time i am getting error File System Error 512 message. I am really frustrated and unable to figure out the root cause of the problem. I have searched on the Google to find solution to fix the matter but I don’t found anything which I can apply. Any suggestion from your end will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Unable to create new folder error’ File System Error 512’

Well you have provided very less details about your problem. I will like to know more about your problem.
    1. I want to know from where you have started the problem on your computer. This is associated with only picture file or you are having issue with other file.
    2. Have you done any changes on your computer before the occurrence of the problem? I mean have you done any hardware or software changes on your computer.

Answer the above so I can think about the possible solution to fix this particular problem.

Well I recommend you that you should try to create new folder in the picture library by entering into safe mode. Well you can follow the instructions to enter into safe mode.
    1. Restart your computer and press F8 three to four times from the keyboard.
    2. Now it will redirect to Advanced Boot Options screen. You have to choose Safe mode option by using arrow key and press enter to proceed.
    Now your computer is booted into safe mode. Now you can try to create new folder on your computer.

Well I am very simple solution to solve the matter and I am hoping this will help you out from this particular situation. Well you should right click on Picture folder. A context menu will display on the screen you have to choose Properties from the context menu. Now you have to click on Reset Defaults. I was having the same issue and it worked for me hence I recommend you do the same. Wish you all the best and let me know whether it was helpful or not.

I have seen many such problems occur due to corrupted registry on your system. Well corruption of registry occurs due to invalid entries of the software which is not utilized or due to indecent installation or removal of the software from your computer. Well I recommend you that you should download Quicktip Repair tool from the internet on your computer. You should install and run the software and let it fix the corrupted registry. Well Quicktip Repair tool available for fee on the internet and I am hoping that it will help you to solve the issue.