Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7: unable to move or delete pdf file

Windows Software

Old 22-01-2011

Windows 7: unable to move or delete pdf file

Well I am using Windows 7 on my computer. I have downloaded PDF file from the internet. Well when I try to cut or copy move file the transfer window which lets you about the rate of transferring and approximate time to complete the process always prompts that itís calculating. Normally pdf file are of 2 kilobytes but it took two hours and still the process is not completed. When I try to shut down it prompts that there is a program which is require to be closed and it shows the lists of the program. I tried everything to solve the matter but all of my efforts were resulted nothing. Any help from your side will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 22-01-2011

Re: Windows 7: unable to move or delete pdf file

Well looking at your situation that you have mentioned above I am providing following solution which is associated with deleting the file from the command prompt of your system. Now question is how to proceed? Well it very simple.
  1. You have to click on the Start button and run the command prompt of the computer.
  2. You have to run the command prompt as Administrator.
  3. Now you should locate the target file which you wanted to be deleted. Now enter del file_name.pdf on the command prompt and press enter.
I think using this solution you will be able to delete the file from your system.
Old 22-01-2011

Well I want to know whether you have try with safe mode to move or delete the file. Well you can use the following steps to enter safe mode.
  1. Restart your computer and press F8 key from your keyboard for 3 to 4 times.
  2. It will redirect to window where various boot option will be mentioned on the screen.
  3. You have to choose safe mode using arrows keys and press enter after selecting the same. Now your system has been boot in to safe mode.
I think you will be able to move or delete the file from your computer. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.
Old 22-01-2011

I think that there is an issue with virus on your computer. You should do virus scan using some securty software. It is possible that the pdf file might contain virus on it so scan the same file.Well i recommend you that you should use Windows Live OneCare safety scanner to achieve the same. Well itís a free service which is developed to improve the health of your computer. You can get Windows Live OneCare safety scanner from the official website. Itís removes viruses as well as improves the performance of your computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,