Thread: When try to take ownership of folders getting message “Access is denied”

When try to take ownership of folders getting message “Access is denied”

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop with a physical hard disk. I partitioned the hard drive, so I can have a separate boot partition and maintain all my photos, videos, and so on that have created three new folders on my second partition for documents, photos and music. I right click on the "My Documents" properties "My Music" folder, and "My Pictures" and the selected folder. Select the location tab, then "Move" so that I can alter the fate of the "Documents", "Photos" and "Music" buttons on my menu. After changing the destination productively, I was left with two files, music and images that are empty. I cannot remove. I tried to take ownership of files, but I get an error message every time it says access is denied. Under "Advanced Settings dialog box of security for each folder in the current domain owner, said:" Unable to display current owner "I try to choose my name in the" new owner "box, but. I get the message “Access Denied”.

Re: When try to take ownership of folders getting message “Access is denied”

I will recommend you to manually apply rights to a file or else directory, For this you can follow the below steps.
    1. You need to Right-click on the file or folder for which you want to take ownership, and after that click Properties.
    2. Now click the Security tab, as well as after that click edit.
    3. On the way to set permissions for a user which is not listed below Group or user names, click Add, and type each one at the same time as the name of the user or else group, and finally click OK, choose the permissions, as well as after that click OK.

I am also having the same problem and when I try to take ownership of folder I am getting this message “Access Denied". At what time I click on okay. So my question is how I can obtain ownership of a file or folder at what time Windows will not allow me? Is it for the reason that I attempted to shift the target of my music, documents, as well as folder images? If you have any idea regarding to this issue, please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

You are supposed to be able to take property through Explorer if you do not have permissions, on the way to access the folder properties for security. If this not functions for you after that the reason to check out the free tool fileacl also be posted on the Microsoft website at the same time as it has a choice to property. If you still have troubles verify the user rights in this secpol.msc computer through to make sure that administrators have the user right to take charge.