Thread: Cannot read any file or folder - All fonts changed to squares

Cannot read any file or folder - All fonts changed to squares

I have in recent times installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and to start with the whole thing was well.Instantaneously after installing sound and video drivers as well as rebooting all of the text in menus and folders altered to strange squares . I cannot read the menus to alter them back.I have tried Safe mode but it does do this too. I tried on the way to restore it to base setting from before the driver update and it is still there. How do I alter my fonts back without being capable to read the menus?

Re: Cannot read any file or folder - All fonts changed to squares

I would like to know did you install the drivers from Windows update. And have you made any changes in your system.
    I would recommend you to follow the following steps to resolve this issue and check if it helps:
    1. Go to Start menu and select Control panel.
    2. Now click on fonts and navigate to font settings.
    3. After this Click on Restore Default settings, and click ok.
    4. Furthermore place a check mark for “Hide fonts based on language settings”.
    Also I would recommend you to offer us a screen shot for better recognize of the problem, please respond back with the position of the issue and let us be familiar with if you have any issues.

No change in the system made. However has the Avi2Dvd-installation additionally so installed, which requires Avi2Dvd if I required to insert subtitles in a dvd. In any case if I AVI2 in the menu under the changeover from titles, after that font as well as now my entire desktop, folder, or browser signature seems to be changed. I get it right ever again, just after the restart everything is back to normal.

I also have alike trouble with a Windows XP system. All places where a font be supposed to come into view are squares. The whole thing: the log-in screen and all menu items and all text which shows under icons and each and every one dialogue boxes, and so on. Anything where there be supposed to be a letter or else number which is a font is at the moment a square.I attempted to start from a Windows XP Service Pack 3 CD and I cannot start from the CD to perform a fix. I get the prompt on the way to "press any key to boot from CD" however the system did not boot from the CD. It goes directly on the way to starting Windows, whole with all the squares and not a letter in view. I attempted twice. I also tried to load a service pack, however could not read the messages I was receiving All squares.

I also have this issue and I copied the fonts from the Windows Fonts folder from a functioning computer with windows XP and after that administer to obtain them (I think) keen on the "all-squares" PC, and after that rebooted. Still all squares. To get a thought of what is occurring, just look at your desk top as well as visualize that each letter is a square. Go to start menu on the lower left furthermore click on it. See each letter here is a square. Then open a folder the whole thing in it is a square. No exceptions.That's the trouble. Any suggestions to get rid of this issue?