Thread: Unable to save Divx files on Windows 7

Unable to save Divx files on Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. Previously I was having Windows Vista on my computer. Well there is no problem while I was viewing and saving .divex videos on Vista. After upgrading with Windows 7 I am unable to view and save .divex files. I use to download the .divex files using Divx web player web player. When I browse to folder where I have saved the files I found nothing at that particular folder. What should I do so I can store the .divex file on the computer of mine? Please help me out from this situation.

re: Unable to save Divx files on Windows 7

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned above. Same as you I was unable to save file on the computer. When I try to resave the file it simply prompts that the file is already exists at the desire location but in fact there is no such file on the computer. I don’t know how to recover from this strange situation. As far as operating system is concerned I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium. Let me know if you know the root cause of this problem and corresponding solution to solve the matter.

I am still unable to figure out why it is happening in your case. I think you should download Codec pack on your computer. It has some stuff which you can help you to deal with Divex files. You can download windows.7.codec.pack.v2.3.0.setup name pack for your windows. You download and install the same on your computer and see it helps you or not. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not. Thanks for reading

I think all the divex file which you are trying to save is not downloaded from the internet. So there is an issue with the firewall or antivirus in this situation. I think the firewall which you have installed on your computer or antivirus which you have installed is simply blocking the downloading process of the divex file. You should turnoff the firewall of your computer and see it helps you to download the divex file. So try it.
    R