Thread: Microsoft Office 2007: Migrated office files are read only

Microsoft Office 2007: Migrated office files are read only

Well I have installed Windows 7 on my computer and it great software. Well I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 on the external hard disk. Now I have been migrated the entire office file in my computer. Whenever I tried to open all the files it simply open as read only. I have changed in to the properties of the file to turn off read only but it didn’t work for me. I am not having clue to solve the matter. Please help me if you have any idea on this situation. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Office 2007: Migrated office files are read only

You can use the following steps to solve the matter I am hoping that it will help you out in this situation.
    1. You have to right click on the target folder and select Properties from the context menu. You have to choose Security tab
    2. Now select Advanced and go to Advanced Security Settings for <object>.
    3. You should click on Owner tab and choose Edit. If requested for Admin password simply enter the password and click to continue.
    4. You have to choose your user name into the field of Change owner to. You have to Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    I am hoping that it will help you.

Well I think there is a compatibility issue with Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows 7. I am let you know that you should install Office on your computer in compatibility mode. Well this will help you to handle better file permission. So try it and see if the permission issue is resolved after installing Microsoft Office 2007 on your computer. If you have any query about this problem let me know as soon as possible.

Well I have recently purchased Laptop and installed windows 7 on my computer. I am having issue while I tried to open files from my portable hard drive. I have done with all the suggestion which is posted in this thread but it did not help me. Now I am really frustrated from this situation and totally helpless. Please suggest me any solution in this situation. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot.