Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows update: systems are trying to access download.windowsupdate.com

Windows Software

Old 21-01-2011

question Windows update: systems are trying to access download.windowsupdate.com

Hi,

I have configured WSUS in our office and all system are getting updates correctly, however systems are trying to access given links.
www.download.windowsupdate.com
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab
www.update.microsoft.com

I am not able to understand why do system tring on these links and how to stop it. Is there anybody who can make me understand it.

Thanks,
Manoj Khowal

Old 22-01-2011

Re: Windows update: systems are trying to access download.windowsupdate.com

I think, all the systems when trying to update themselves, they are reaching the url listed in the windows update for updation. I know how to block updates in Windows XP, but not on other windows operating system, so although if you are using XP you can remove alot of the awful features using XPLite including the normally annoying and unremovable Windows Updates Applications.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,