Thread: Office Accounting Pro 2007- wont open existing company info

Steel Dragons AFV Guest

Office Accounting Pro 2007- wont open existing company info

This weekend, I attempted to open Office Accounting Pro 2007 which I use for a small business I currently own and operate. I had originally upgraded to the newer version (2007) about a year ago and have been using the current version without incident until now.

When the program opened, it informed me that the information that I was looking for was used with an older version of Office Accounting and must be updated before accessing. This seemed strange since I have been using the newer 2007 version for over a year. When I followed the Wizard instructions, it advised me that once I upgraded to the newer version, I would no longer be able to access the information constructed under the older version. This worried me and the thought of not being able to access my companies database scared the ^&*$%^out of me.

Can you tell me what is happening and why is the computer asking me to upgrade when it has already been done (and activated) successfully?

Re: Office Accounting Pro 2007- wont open existing company info

It might be possible that the older version of the file can not be supported anymore in the new update. If you are not looking for the updated version of the Office Accounting Pro 2007 then i will advise you to download application to previous version which runs your company data properly. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not.

Steel Dragons AFV Guest

Hi Bull50,

Thanks for responding. Are you suggesting that I try opening up my data files using the older version of Accounting Pro? It would be the 2003 version. How can I do this?

What is confusing to me is why have I been able to use the 2007 version for the last year or so and then overnight it will not open data files without reinstalling the 2007 version. Once again, I am fearful of losing my data files when I update to the new version. Does this make sense?

Thanks again,

Have you tried to get it working by going to the "format picture" menu, then the layout tab, and selecting "Behind text". Also try the below fix:

• Log on as an administrator
    • Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s, and then click OK.
    • In the Computer Management window, expand Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
    • Verify that there is a user account created for you and that the account is a member of the Administrators group.
    • Click Start, click Log Off, and then log on with the user account that is a member of the Administrators group.

More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910012