Thread: Arduino unable to install in Easy Debian

Arduino unable to install in Easy Debian

I m attempting many times to install the arduino gui in Easy Debian I enable the squeeze repositories, then attempt to install the package. It notifies me that it needs to download 111MB of files moreover 212MB of space will be used. Following the files is downloaded, it commences the installation but after innumerable attempts my N900 shuts down at about 50-70% of the installation. This wreck my Easy Debian install as well as I need to start over. I have attempted with/without over clocking, resizing the Easy Debian file arrangement, apt-get, synaptic, absolutely the whole thing I can think of. I have even attempted to install the maemo SDK in vmware to attempt as well as install the files to the ED image straightforwardly from my laptop, but I cannot make out how to do it. Can someone try to assist? The simply thing I can imagine of is if somebody does me a huge favor as well as installs it to their Easy Debian image as well as uploads it for me to download. But at least give some suggestion for this post.

Re: Arduino unable to install in Easy Debian

What you might require to attempt to rule out whichever software problems, is do a complete re-synchronization backup then do a rootfs restore as well as install a fresh Easy Debian image, as well as make out if you get the similar error. If you do, you might need to consider that it might be a hardware trouble - perhaps something is related to overheating or check out by reinstall the easy debiamn. because if the easy debian is install properly then cannot install the arduino gui from the Easy Debian.

Just go away easy debian normal. Don't start around with it. Go to chroot (icon) and enter the following code:
    Code:
    apt-get install arduino --fix-missing
    Do a fresh Easy Debain. Don't install no matter which until arduino has been installed.
    on one occasion you install it - If you desire to run it without easy debian - you can.
    Code:
    xterm: debbie arduino
    Another choice you do encompass to obtain the downloads from debians main website as well as compile this in your N900 with easy debain (arduino is for every builds [source]).

i bought an Arduino application, I tried to install the Arduino IDE in Easy Debian. I facilitate the grasp repositories and preferred the package "arduino" (which perceptibly grabbed much dependency to). After around 252MB of downloads the installation begin but my N900 inflexible resets at approx. 50%. The next time I load Synaptic I am greeted with an ominous message screen telling me to run the "dpkg --configure -a" code to fix my dpkg cache. The command precedes an error message, and I had to reinstall Easy Debian. After 3 trials with the similar result, I make out that I must be performing a bit wrong. Please help, it's tremendously tedious continuously reinstalling the image for ED.

Just to add my 2c, I've been have the exact same said problems, albeit not with installing arduino especially inside the easy debian. Similar to when installing build-essential my phone crashed around middle through leaving a broken install. Then I disabled swappolube application running which not make out and removed though application manager and it worked, but still additional bigger packages crashed during install. I observe the N900 getting warm during installation. Perhaps that's the problem. Heat as well as overloaded i/o. I estimate some people's N900s are extra steady than others given this strain. Odd the standard app installer shows no problem. I'm going to attempt installing the packages 1 by 1 to see if that performs.