Thread: Upgraded to Office 2010 pro from 2007. Now Outlook won't open.

Upgraded to Office 2010 pro from 2007. Now Outlook won't open.

Hi guys I am management student. As you all buddies know for management ms office is really like Aladdin’s magical lamp. Last week I update my ms office from 2007’s older version latest release of ms office 2010. I have windows vista’s 64 bit operating system running on my pc. I noticed that that all works fine except ms Outlook. I am management student not a science. I am unable solve this problem but hope I will fix it, if you help me.

Re: Upgraded to Office 2010 pro from 2007. Now Outlook won't open.

Thankful! for showing so much trust on your friend circle. I am also not a science student. Actually in last month my friend also faced sane kind of problem when he asked his engineer he told him that it might be issue related to your main profile. It might be possible that during updating your mail profile was corrupt. First check your mail profile is in fine state or not. If you find anything wrong with that instead looking for same profile to do well create new one. You can create new profile by selecting mail option available in control panel. There you can create new mail profile and set up your account one more time in a new profile. I hope so you will get rid of this problem as soon as possible using this trick.

After analyzing lots of option available on Google finally I found a suitable solution for you. According to that solution create your fresh profile with the help of control panel. There you can find an option called mail which helps you to perform further operations. After creating newer profile. Switch to safe mode and start your Outlook application. I am sure that this solution will work for you but one bad thing about this solution is that this problem occurs every time you start your machine. And on every time you have to jump on safe mode for looking proper functionality of your ms outlook. I know solution is not perfect one but it works for at least some time.

Even after creating a new profile if you came across this problem again then I suggest you to check that is there ADD-in causing this problem for you. For checking that simply disable them and restart your application again. Now enable them again that you require at a time at the same time turn on and off your outlook application. If you found that problem again the last one whichever the ADD-in you enable is a root of this entire problem. Start your machine in a safe mode again and disable that ADD-in. I hope this time your outlook will work properly. If not then there will be major issue with your machine.

According to my general knowledge there is a simple issue that causes harm. You are definitely using a wrong method while making connection with your old data. First of all copy your all data from to documents and add it to fresh outlook file. And switch your machine to safe mode. If this is also not worked for you than there is a difficult work for you try to repair your .pst files. If still your are moving around same issue than try the same thing after deleting your offline folder. it is well and good if this solve your outlooks problem. If you still unsuccessful simply make a call to your engineer because it might me major one.