Thread: Installed software folders are not showing in windows vista program folder

Installed software folders are not showing in windows vista program folder

I am having a Dell inspiron one machine with windows vista OS, which was running fine till the last few days, but suddenly from today morning I encountered a peculiar problem in my machine, when I click on skype application for video chat with my fried it says the program is not installed in my machine, though the shortcut icon is present. I just shocked, I instantly tried by another application program, which is also says similar message. Then I instantly proceed to the program file under my primary drive, there is no installed software folder present. Now what to do? How suddenly all software application are vanishes from my machine. Is there someone from here having any information regarding this problem? Any input will helpful for me.

Re: Installed software folders are not showing in windows vista program folder

As per my opinion I think, the software applications are corrupted and for that you need to install them again, but before that check in program, and features folder under control panel, whether they are listed on there or not. If they listed there, them might be the folder are hidden, search your start menu by enter any one software application name, along with this choose the advanced option with hidden option. This will locate if the folder, if they are hidden. Along with this also recommend you to full scan your drive or the primary drive only to ensure the drive is not effected by any virus.

The problem is might be occurred for the operating system, because I was also have a experience of relevant issue, but in my machine no all the software folders are vanishes, few of them are vanishes from the program folder. So for this I recommend you to reinstall eth operating system in your system, this will definitely resolve your issue, I did this process, and my problem is solved. So to reload the operating system insert windows installation disk into CD ROM Drive, not start pressing f8 after manufacturer logo will appear into the screen, it will appear you into the installation window, now from there click on install now option, it will first direct you to select eth drive, select the drive where you installed earlier version, first format this and then install in afresh way. Try this, it will completely help you to overcome from the machine.

I had similar issue in my machine; some of the driver installation folder was missing from my machine, though I installed them again and properly working from then. But when I searched about the cause regarding the problem I found that the problem is occurred for virus effect in my machine program folder, for that some of the installed folder vanishes from there and those drivers are stopped working. So if this problem is also occurring in your machine, then I suggest you to full scan your hard drive by the up to date antivirus program, it will surely detect the virus file, if it effect the machine. Remove the detected virus file from your machine. And eth problem will be solved by this process.

I am also with a problem, there are some files those I deleted from my machine by mistake, now I am willing to recover them from eth deleted folder. I use shift+delete command to delete those program files. The files are very much important for me; those are stored in my operating system installed drive. I am using windows vista OS. Is there any way to recover them? I used one of the freeware to recover that one, but did not able to locate the folders. Along with this, there is another issue with that the software application, which installed folder I deleted. The program is running in the background of my machine, I checked in task manager. Though the folders are removed, then how this program is running in background, and I think for this I am not able to run some of the other application program in system. Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.