Thread: PowerPoint 2010 is crashing while typing any text!!!

PowerPoint 2010 is crashing while typing any text!!!

Hi friends. Currently I am working for an international company in marketing department. I have dell companies XPS range laptop. From last couple of days I am facing a problem with my office 2010. I tried to open both new as well as old files. As soon as I click on text area it completely crashes. Please help me as soon as possible power point presentation is one of my daily needs.

Re: PowerPoint 2010 is crashing while typing any text!!!

I search lot of sites for finding better solution for you. Actually I never face problems like this one. I seat on pc only for one purpose that is only for playing video games. But as you said it is one of your basic needs that are why I searched this one for you. After searching lot of things I come to know that it may be issue related to bootcamp if you are Mac running Bootcamp. I am not sure is this correct or not then I think let try if my solution works for you then it really happiest thing for me. I am telling you this solution because my friend also told me the same solution. He repairs his bootcamp to solve this problem actually he was facing same problem with outlook.

If you stuck on this problem, for more than half an hour. Then there is nothing to worry simply uninstall your Bootcamp entirely from your windows operating system. After uninstalling insert your OSX disk after some while she will ask you to start set up operation. Click on it and install fresh copy of Bootcamp most probably It will install bootcams 3.0 version or mine. Now check whether your powerpoint crashes or not. If you noticed that your PowerPoint is stated working side by side check other applications also and see is there any improvement in their performance or not. It may be possible that you are upgraded to latest one that is 3.1 but still I am stuck with 3.0 version for working with PPT. hope this will heps you to diagnose your problem

The problem of crashing might be connected to several factors.First, make sure about this issue also arises in safe mode or not.

First of all start your ms office in safest mode that is safe mode

• Click Start,
    • Point to All Programs,
    • And then point to Microsoft Office.
    • Keep on holding the Control CTRL key
    • Select the program that you want to start by simple click.

If you not found any problem in safe mode than it must be a problem linked with your third party software’s. Try same thing but this time disable your third party software’s.

First check your other applications are working fine or not. Check whether your only PowerPoint is crashing or entire MS-office. If you are facing this problem with entire application try to check it with same mode. If you are facing same problem in safe and normal mode also then I suggest you to look out for clean boot mode. I am sure that this option will definitely solve your problem. Clean boot will clarify all you’re malfunctioning. My friends also solve this problem with the help of clean boot. If you are using us keyboard then also there is a possibility of these kinds of problem fix this problem with the help of control panels change keyboard option.

Laren Guest

Drag the presentation to the PowerPoint 2010 program file icon
    Double-click the presentation icon in Windows Explorer
    Insert slides in a blank presentation
    Apply the damaged presentation as a template
    Open the temporary file version of the presentation
    Open the presentation in PowerPoint Viewer 2010

However, if the aforementioned methods are not able to repair the file, then you should use a third-party PowerPoint recovery software to recover PPT.