Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Amule closes itself

Windows Software

Old 18-01-2011

Amule closes itself

I am thinking that I was visualizing this at first however at the moment I realize it in reality is happening as well as it is really receiving right on my nerves. I leave my computer running all through the day / evenings through amule running. And at what time I come back to it amule has just vanished. What is the point of a application that presently closes itself? This has taken place on more than a few occasions now. More prominently although a shoddily written Operating System that does not yet provide a notice of conclusion. All along by means of some other primary flaws. Thank in advance for any suggestion to get rid of this issue.

Old 18-01-2011

Re: Amule closes itself

I am user of xubuntu on slow computers and I installed amule in recent times. From the beginning I had troubles closing without notice after 2-3 hours of trading! I seek a solution as well as come across this forum. So I let fly before going to bed options in preferences, the source of the problem, and at what time I woke up, amule is off! Someone might have a solution radical. Help please!
Old 18-01-2011

I now make use of versions of Concurrent Versions System (CVS), as well as I have this type of reaction, I already had this trouble with versions 2.1.0 and 2.1.3, which had stopped at what time I disabled the Enable icon taskbar and minimize icon in the taskbar in the Preferences. I hope it will be the case for you as well! So try my solution and let me know whether it resolve your issue or not. So that we can provide any other solution.
Old 18-01-2011

This would be quite important to know if it actually rule this crash problem which many people complain about with v2.1.0 and 2.1.3, we must put the right on the head once and for all. I reinstalled my little amule and runs for 7 years without crashing. It's a good start. Ok! So that answers my question above! 7 years without crashing? If you can, try to let it run 24 or more hours without crashing would be very significant just so you know, I use a CVS version that runs for nearly four days.
Old 21-01-2011

I also have the same concern however my box "icon in the reduction" is already uncheck. I just check the "filter" messages ". But even this does not seem to solve the trouble. On the other hand, I do not be acquainted with why it closed: that is typed into the terminal to observe the cause of the crash, if that is an incoming message that caused it? Please let me know any other suggestion regarding to this issue.
Old 21-01-2011

I have the same problem. I bypassed this concern by using the CLI version of amule:install these two packages: amule-daemon and amule-utils-gui. Start the daemon in a terminal with amuled -ec-config. It will ask you for a password are the one chosen previously in the terminal. And it works. I often have to take 2 times the password is not very annoying but I did not understand why. The terminal or the deamon has been launched must remain open, but the gui can be closed. We can start the daemon on a computer and control it by means of the GUI from another network or via the net, I have not tested, but the start screen includes GUI network settings.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,