Thread: Windows trusted installer not providing access to files in windows 7

Windows trusted installer not providing access to files in windows 7

I have recently upgraded my system from windows XP to windows 7. Now the thing is that before installing the same what I did is I used the Windows easy transfer wizard to transfer all the important files to an external hard drive so that I can again install it back on my system. After finishing the windows 7 installation I again decided to transfer the same data back and used the Windows easy transfer wizard to do it for me but this time the scene was different I was not able to have an access on that drive. And also when I tried to remove the programs which are not needed then the system is not letting me to do the same. Please somebody help me out of this one.

Re: Windows trusted installer not providing access to files in windows 7

I guess you are facing this problem due to the ownership issue I mean to say that if you really want to have an access on the external drive then you have to just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all you have to right just click on the file
    • And then you have to select properties from that
    • Now select the security tab
    • Then at the bottom you will find the advanced button just click on it
    • Then a Advanced Security Dialog window will open and in that you have to click on the owner tab
    • In that you will be viewing the current owner that will be the “Trusted Installer”
    • Now if you want to take the ownership back click on the edit button and give the authorization to UAC
    • Then show up the user name in the “Change owner to” box that you need to allot as the owner for the object.
    • At last click “OK” to finish the process.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that if you want to solve the same then you have to login as the administrator and then only you can do the possible changes that you want. I am sure that once you will be logged in as the administrator then you will not receive any such problem and also there you will be able to have access on the files that you are not having now. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue.

I am also facing the similar kind of issue where I was not able to find the proper way to remove the programs which are not in use in windows 7. Actually the programs are of windows XP and they are of no use in windows 7 and that is the reason why I am trying to remove it. Now the thing here s that whenever I am trying to uninstall any such program then the system is not letting me to do so. I don’t know why but it is really frustrating. Please help me in this case.

Well it seems to me that there are not proper rights at you to remove those particular programs and if this is the case then you have to just log in as the administrator and then see whether it is possible to remove them and if there are also you are unsuccessful then you have to boot the system in safe mode and then try to remove it from the system. I assure you that from safe mode you can easily delete or uninstall that particular programs.