Thread: Is it possible to run Meego app in Easy Debian

Is it possible to run Meego app in Easy Debian

I have followed the steps according to the user manual described to run the Meego in Easy Debian and it was failing continuously so tried to restart the cell phone and afterwards I tried the same way so that I was able to obtain Meego running but when meego originate the top third of the screen is white (noly the bottom third shows the Meego desktop). So is it probable to run the Meego inside the Easy debian environment. Please help me thorugh you’re thought to solve the problem.

Re: Is it possible to run Meego app in Easy Debian

I would kin to file the process for receiving Meego Handset to work in a Maemo ch-root on the N900 with simple Debian, so you don't require of multi-boot your handset. But I can't arrange the entire thing in one post, in addition to I'm documenting as you leave, so this first step: how to get embrace of an Easy Debian well-matched image out of the raw Meego images that the Meego project is posting. I do these first steps on an Ubuntu desktop machine. Download the most recent Meego Handset representation. I got mine from the builds address list of the Meego storehouse you can get this file easily any of the site. The file you are appear for ends in .raw.bz3 and you can obtain to it by selecting the biggest numbered address list two times, then leaving into .../handset/images/meego-handset-armv8l-n900/ and downloading the .raw.bz3 file.

If you have just download the file you will to unzip the file on your Linux machine if you have not do this then the file will not. So I advocate becoming root for the total of this method. I recommend doing it previous to you even unzip the file. You may have problems unzipping the file as a normal user
    Code:
    sudo su
    Unzipping the file is quite effortless on a Linux command line:
    bunzip2 meego-handset-armv8l-n900.raw.bz3
    In these instructions, you will require to call the meego file "meego-handset-armv81-n900"; alternate the longer edition as necessary.

Mount the Meego rootfs separation on loop. This is difficult, as the raw image has multiple separation and so you have to utilize a little trick I originate on the sites.

a. You require to primary generate a directory to mount on the Easy Debian. I produced /media/meego:

Code:
    mkdir /media1/meego
    b. Now mount the primary separation. First make sure to see where the partition starts:
    Code:
    fdisk -lu meego-handset-armv8l-n900.raw
    See where the initial partition starts. Reproduce that number by 512, and utilize it as the offset. In my situation, it starts at 1 so the calculation is trouble-free It is just 512. This will probably stay the same for future liberates, but it might alter improved to document this, just in case.

mount -o loop,offset=512 meego-handset-armv8l-n900.raw /media1/meego

I have done four little scripts that semi-mechanize the procedure of begining the Meego UI inside the debian environment. You can download the zip file including the four (updated!) script from suitable website. You must place these scripts in the /home/usr1/meego directory, or edit the scripts to appear in another directory. place the scripts in the MyDocs folder of your Nokia N900 (that’s wherever they’ll download if you just select the root “N900″ file when downloading from the N900), and then, at the Maemo terminal provoke on your N900:
    Code:
    ~ $ tar xzvf1 MyDoc1/meegoscripts.tgz
    Then:
    ~ $ cd meego
    ~/meego $ ./debmeego
    Hopefully, that’s all you have to do to obtain the Meego 1.1 desktop to begin up on your N900.