Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excel 2010 spreadsheet automatically create and rename

Windows Software

Old 15-01-2011

Excel 2010 spreadsheet automatically create and rename

I have a little problem and hope you can help me. I have an Excel document in which it previously two sheets (1 "Overview", 2 "template") returns. On the paper "Overview" is a column name, which of J12 to J186 is complying with different long names. I would now like to copy the page template for each name corresponding to 1x and rename to the name. Unfortunately, my own macro knowledge of this are low. I would be happy if you had a proposal for me. Ever thank you.

Old 15-01-2011

Re: Excel 2010 spreadsheet automatically create and rename

I think you need to use the PivotTable. Using a PivotTable report to summarize, analyze, examine and present the summary of the data in the worksheet or a source of external data. A PivotTable. report is especially useful when you need to add a long list of figures and the availability of aggregated data or subtotals may simplify the search for data from different perspectives, and the comparison of figures of similar data.
Old 15-01-2011

First of all thank you for the help. Unfortunately, it does so not yet. If I run the Macro, is the runtime error 9 "Subscript out of range". When you debug it points to the line 3. I had first error that was due to too long name but a test with consecutive numbers brings the same error. Any other ideas please tell me how to go about this problem. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Old 15-01-2011

You may incidentally in the VBA editor the cursor to any line between "Sub" and "End Sub" put in and then use the F8 key step tests performed macro that - if you change the content as the variable "new table" or the value of " Sheets.Count "(the number of leaves and hence the number provides the so far last table) want to check, simply point the mouse cursor to the corresponding part of the code. In the meantime, you can also change the Excel window (or equal to arrange two windows side by side), even if the will in this case is not too much ...
Old 15-01-2011

With folders you mean probably spreadsheets, because as I understand sessions are workbooks and Excel files. So if you think spreadsheets, then could be to do something like this, with the tab name is in column J and the link or formula as in column K.

= IF (J12 <>""; HYPERLINK ("[Staff details.xls]" & J12 & "A1", "Link ");"")

However, the link - at least for me - not displayed in blue with an underscore Otherwise, could also do this by macro (in blue with underline).

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,