Thread: Wine by default in Linux Mint 10

Wine by default in Linux Mint 10

Recently I have move towards Linux Mint 9 from Ubuntu. I was very impressed by this GUI as well as other feature which I cannot easily find in Ubuntu. I am also using Wine program in it. All are familiar with this name who has installed Linux as well as Windows on their computers either as separate or dual boot. Actually I am using Wine to run some Windows related files similar to executable programs. Now my question is whether the Wine is available on Linux Mint 10 KDE or removed from it previously?

Re: Wine by default in Linux Mint 10

In favor of those who are not hallowed by way of internet lying on their Linux mint computer! It would be huge gain if wine has been preinstalled with the installation. I have installed wine from foundation inside Linux Mint 10 gnome however no success at all. I know that the Linux mint9 KDE had it as a result of default. If you are using the multiple boot then it would be the most important app for those computers. I heard that still some users don’t use virtual or dual boot. Due to this reason the Wine is not included in Mint 1.

I think that Linux Mint 10 doesn’t include the Wine previously or by default. You need to then install it if your want. If you have already installed the Mint 10 in your computer then here is the solution. Go to the Software Sources menu. In order to gets this menu click Applications->Ubuntu Software Center, after that selecting Edit->Software Sources. Pick the Other Software tab and then click Add. Now insert “ppa:mint-wine/ppa” this line inside the dialog box. Click Ok to carry out.

I heard that the newer version of Wine is not included in the Linux Mint 10. You need to download it after the installation of OS. It provides the same feature that we get in the Start menu of the Windows OS. So by this you can use whichever Windows programs in your Mint like photo editing tool like photoshop and Games etc.

I heard that it is possible to install the Wine in Linux Mint 10 if it is not available by default. Some says that it is causing many problems after installing it. Most issues received related to the games. Some new Windows games cannot able to either install or run through Wine. It is displaying lots of errors.