Thread: Unable to run executable file using wine

Unable to run executable file using wine

I got the following message when I try to open a Windows executable by way of Wine 1.2 and the message is as follows: The file '*****' is not marked like executable. If this was downloaded otherwise copied from an entrusted resource, it might be unsafe to run. For additional details, read regarding the executable bit. I recognize that I must spot the file like an executable within the file properties, however every time I test out the box, and it unchecks itself over again. As I am a newbie to this so I don’t have any idea what to do further. If you any idea about settings then please offer me one.

Re: Unable to run executable file using wine

I think that you really want to take out the software to your PC? When I make use of wine I compose a directory in my home directory and shift the files in the direction of my home folder mark the box and by way of mine it unlocks and executed. Otherwise it might be possible that those files which you try to run are not modifiable. If they are copied from a CDROM then this kind of incidence occurs. First of all find out that whether that file is a script or not. If script then you can make use of <interpreter name><file name> (For example: bash myScript.sh)

At the same time as re-installing Spotify on my computer I also got the same error despite the fact that attempting to run the .exe file all the way through wine and here’s an actually straightforward method of setting up it: Right-click on top of file which you want to run, pick Properties, afterward Permissions, and mark the box by the side of underneath telling Make Executable. At this time it will run. Actually several new security attribute for avoiding .exe files by default, in anticipation of you compose them executable.

.exe is the format of file designed for a Windows platform as executable. Generally, Windows executables will not run beneath Ubuntu, otherwise whichever non-Windows OS. The WINE scheme offers a compatibility level that will permit numerous binaries to run unaffected. Installing as well as configuring that in the direction of run underneath Linux is away of the possibility. You can furthermore run an emulator/virtualization utility similar to Xen otherwise VMWare and run a windows installation on or subsequently to your Linux Mint if you necessitate running Windows exe files.

If you can’t able to run the executable file by using the Wine they here is a possible solution which might going to work for you. You need to type following commands in your terminal window.
    Code:
    sudo chown robin:robin file.exe
    sudo chmod 777 file.exe
    If the above commands didn’t work for you then by using the same terminal check the below command-wine file.exe