Thread: Add conky script to home partition in Linux Mint

Add conky script to home partition in Linux Mint

I have been using the Linux OS means its distributions from the past several years. So it became my most favorite OS by living behind all other. I assume that you might have heard about the conky script in Linux. It is some kind of Gnome Stuff. Now I am using Conky Script that is within the repos. I would like to adjoin my home partition in the direction of that. Can somebody direct me on how I may be capable to accomplish that?

Re: Add conky script to home partition in Linux Mint

First of all I didn’t get what you are actually seeking for. But I finally able to assume that what you were looking for. I believe that the query you asked implies "sight your /home partition within the conky script? Look for the following script:
    Code:
    /home $color${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${fs_bar /home}
    This will provide you details regarding how much utilized discspace you encompass on home partition, overall size of home partition and a bar screening the overall convention of /home.

The system wide conky configuration is originated inside /etc/conky. Set a .conkyrc inside your home folder or directory. The .conkyrc will be interpreted previous to the system attempt to load the system wide config-file. Accomplish each and every one transforms within the /home/youusername/.conkyrc
    Code:
    $ cp /etc/conky.conf ~/.conkyrc
    $ gedit ~/.conkyrc
    Furthermore subsequently alter the .conkyrc inside your /home/user/ folder.

This is a simple method to accomplish it. Insert the Linux Mint CD to your CD/DVD-ROM drive and when it offers you the 3 install preferences if alongside (dual boot), make use of the complete disk and physically identify partitions, pick the very last option. You exploit their modest partition utility and I encompass mine hence it appears similar to this:
    • First partition: 20GB, ext4 and set to root (/)
    • Third partition: 5GB, Linux swap
    • Second partition: The outstanding room, ext4 furthermore situate to /home

Make sure off the inscription also set it to format.

I assume that you have already heard about the nautilus in Gnome desktop. Some Linux fans have also used this. Actually it used for managing file. Now open nautilus and set off toward root > etc > 'find Conky.conf . I hope that you have installed the conky there. Duplicate the file conky.conf and place it inside your HOME-directory and then alter the name of it to ".conkyrc". At this moment open gedit as well as open the file .conkyrc , keep in mind that you necessitate to "view hidden files" in support of it to exhibit within nautilus.