Thread: Dropbox not responding

Dropbox not responding

Hello friends I run my own business and have several computer system installed in my office. All the system are having either Windows or Linux operating system. Now for sharing files among the different system I use dropbox to help files to get easily transfer from one system to another. All was working fine until one day the dropbox stopped responding and when I click to start it was not doing anything. So can any one help me to know what can be done besides reinstalling the dropbox package completely.

Re: Dropbox not responding

Hey, I think that some of files of the dropbox package might have got deleted which is why it is causing this kind of error. I think that the only way out would be either reinstall the new dropbox or to update the software. I would recommend you to go for update first and see if get your problem solved. If it does then it would be great for you or else you will have to again reinstall the dropbox package.

Hey friend I would want to know that what error are you getting when you are trying to login in to this software. It can be that some virus might have got creep into the system and this is surely going to effect the other functions of the system and gradually the whole system. So the first thing that I would want to tell you that you should check each and every other applications on your system and if you are getting the same error every where when you try to access the application then I think that you have to format the system to get everything in proper function. So first check out this and then see what can be done.
    Last edited by $tatic; 13-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Hello friends thanks for your instant reply, but I would want to add up to the information that I have provided in my first post. Every time I login to the package it gives me the error saying that the package needs to be download again and even provide me the options for downloading the software. When I click on the download button the downloading starts but does not gets complete. I have done this many times but again with the same error, so can any one help me get rid of this error as I have loads of data to get transfer for security reason.

Hey I think that the only solution would be to first completely remove all the previous version of the dropbox that were installed on your system and then go on for the new installation of the same software. You must be sure that you have removed all the files of that software from your computer, if possible you can also use Windows utility kit that helps to remove a particular software completely from the system. Once you have done this then you can move forward to install a fresh piece of this package.