Thread: Audio or video calls not working in Pidgin

Audio or video calls not working in Pidgin

After installing the Linux Ubuntu I started getting issues with audio/video calls in Pidgin, yet compassion, inside Pidgin the media preference in chat is grayed away. Due to this cause it disconnects me each occasion when I click the "audio call" button. I ought to talk about that this is used for yahoo and msn messenger. I don't make out regarding additional protocols because I don't utilize them. Currently my computer is installed with Linux Mint 10 and Pidgin 2.7.7. It is a very old computer having Pentium 4 processor inside along with 1GB RAM. There is no problem with skype. Then what can I do with this Pidgin?

Re: Audio or video calls not working in Pidgin

I think you're almost certainly mislaid x264enc. Debian supported packages include a gst-plugins-bad as well as gst-plugins-bad-multiverse. The encoder is inside gst-plugins-bad-multiverse. gst-inspect x264enc which will inform you if you cover the encoder. Yahoo voice utilizes in a straight line SIP. It combines to the SIP server leading login and transmits requests as essential. Yahoo webcam also utilizes the JPEG2000 codec by way of proprietary transfer along with signaling. The previous Farsight Yahoo plug-in will necessitate headed for be ported to the new-fangled Farsight2 API.

If you initiates 2 corresponding video calls, in that case finishes single of them for a while afterward, you can at rest observe and perceive sound of the contributor from the other live call, however the additional participant no more obtains the user's video otherwise audio. The issue deceit inside purple_media_backend_fs2_dispose(), that calls gst_element_set_state() within such a approach that the media basis discontinues sending data.

Voice and video inside libPurple is being functioned on utilizing Farsight2. There are a small number of fractions to this execution. Initially, fundamental API support desires to be adjoined to libPurple. After that Pidgin as well as Finch require to be capable to start, contribute in, and end the voice plus video conferences. Following these 2 requirements are got together, every protocol will necessitate together the signaling to be executed (for instance SIP otherwise Jingle) and the appropriate Farsight2 plugins.

As far as I know the pidgin support microphones (voice), however merely in support of XMPP/GMail/GTalk. Other than this I think you should either get the latest version of pidgin or obtain plugin which will enable the voice and video calls for yahoo messenger as well as MSN. I heard that the pidgin has recently launched the Voice/video calls for Windows users. So I don’t whether it is now available for Linux Mint or not.

Farsight2 contains rawudp, iceudp, as well as multicast spreader plugins and an MSN plugin for webcam. Fundamental voice and video hold up in support of libPurple, Pidgin, and Finch (Supports voice merely) have been adjoined toward the im.pidgin.pidgin progress subdivision. XMPP/GTalk/Gmail is functioning, excluding not comprehensive. Not any of the additional protocols have had a large amount work made.

I have tried Pidgin on both Linux Mint and Windows 7. And Pidgin does support voice and video chat but ONLY for Google Talk. But I have found that the voice and video chat plug in works fine on Linux. But not on Windows.

And I have found no reason for this except that it could be that the voice and video plug in Windows Pidgin,is either not working. Or that there is no voice or video plug in for the Windows version of Pidgin. Despite the Pidgin website saying that there is.

I have also found Linux Pidgin and Windows Pidgin to be different from each other. I have found that Pidgin works well on Linux but on Windows it does not work good at all. As I find Windows Pidgin to be slow and awkward but the Linux Pidgin to be okay.

And the voice and video plug in only works on Linux,not Windows.

I now have just Windows,as I got rid of Linux Mint a few months ago. But I do not use Pidgin on my Windows,as the Windows version does not work good,as I explained.

I use Instantbird instead,which is like Pidgin and made by the same people but it works great. Better than Pidgin and although Instantbird does not support voice or video chat. It is very simple and easy to use.

I think that Pidgin is more suited for Linux than Windows as the two versions of Pidgin do seem to be different. And if you are using Windows,I think you should try a different product.

Nimbuzz works well on Windows it is like Instantbird but it DOES support voice chat to contacts on Google Talk,Windows Live and Nimbuzz but not video chat. As well as supporting email text messaging like Pidgin does to many different networks,Facebook,My Space and more.

So try Nimbuzz which is for all versions of Windows. It works for me. Andrea Borman.
    Last edited by Andrea Borman; 22-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.