Thread: How to Scrobble Tracks to Last.fm from VLC Media Player

How to Scrobble Tracks to Last.fm from VLC Media Player

I have the VLC Media Player installed on my system and I really want to know if there is a way by which I can have the music files to get scrobbled to the Last.fm of the VLC Media Player. I really want to know if this is at all possible and I will really appreciate any answer in this respect. I have the VLC media player as the default player and if there is anything extra that I will have to have please let me know about the same soon here.

Re: How to Scrobble Tracks to Last.fm from VLC Media Player

Well I really do not know if you are aware of this thing. Before doing anything with the VLC player you will be required to first install the Last.fm Scrobbler for the VKLC Media Player and if you do not have this installed in your case then let me tell you that it is the very first step that you will be required to follow. Once you get this in you will see that it will start to install the necessary plugins that are required by the VLC Player of yours. If you have the Last.fm audioscrobbler installed then you can go to the in the Tools of the Last.fm audioscrobbler and then can click on the Get Plugins option there. After that you will be required to make sure that during the installation you have VLC closed. After the installation of eth Plugins you will be required to enable the Last.fm Scrobbling Option In VLC Media Player. Go to the Tools and then go to Preferences option there. Click on the All option there and then you will have to go to the Interface option there and then select Control Interface and then choose Audioscrobbler option. After this getting enabled you will be able to see this working for sure. Please let me get notified about the same.

You need to be very careful with the installation of the thing here. You will be required to make use of the correct user name AND password. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet and at the same time also see that you have no issue with the internet connection there. Now there is a criteria for the Last.fm and it is that you will be required to listen to more than the 50 percent of the songs or else it will really not work in your case here. So once you are done with this the you will be able to have the VLC player scrobbled. See after doing this you will be able to see this working in your case and you really do not find difficulty with this there. Launch the VLC media Player and then press the CTRL + M option there. You will be required to edit Verbosity Level to 2. Do this and I am sure that you will be able to listen to the song without any difficulty there. Let me know about the same.

I would like to be a little descriptive with the things that you will be required to do here and at the same time I will try to be simple with the steps as well. First of all launch the VLC Media Player. After that you will have to select the Tool Options on the VLC window and under that select the option Prefernces there. After this you will have to select the All option from the Show Settings option tag. Then select Interface and go in Control Interfaces. Then after this you will be required to select Audioscrobbler from the left menu. Enter the valid Username and the Password and then make a restart on the VLC player and see if you get the desired thing for you there. Hope that the suggestion really work for you.

While making all this things some of the users have complained that they do not get the things to work in the manner that they had expected to be. SO if at all you also get stuck with the similar issue then here are some of the things that you will have to take care of: Make sure that Last.fm audioscrobbler is running in the back ground. If it is not running then VLC player will not be able to scrobble tracks to Last.fm profile. First launch the Last.fm and make it to run and then only launch the VLC media player. If launched VLC media player and then went for the Last.fm then it will not work. You will be required to restart the VLC player again. Most of the users were complaining about this but later found that they were missing on this vital step.

In order to make the things in the pretty easy manner let me tell you that you will be required to see if you are having the Latest VLC player installed in your case. Well if you have not installed the latest one and if you will try to go with the latest Last.fm then let me tell you that you will not have this working in the fine manner. You will have to have the latest VLC palyer. After making the updates also please make sure that you reinstall the Last.fm so that the issues can be avoided with this there. Let me know if what I have said really worked for you.