Thread: Gnome Nanny

Gnome Nanny

First of all I just want to know that what actually the Gnome Nanny is? I newly installed Gnome Nanny. I can select the times while the PC can be utilized and boundary the internet. On the other hand, these times are not being compulsory. Are there a few other settings which are utilized to put into effect these settings? Please if anyone knows about this then provide some information in the simple and easy word.

Re: Gnome Nanny

Gnome Nanny is a simple means to manage what you are doing in the PC. You can bind how much time a day every one of them is browsing the web, talking or doing email. You can as well choose at which times of the day the can perform this things. Gnome Nanny filters what web pages are observe by every user, so you can block every unwanted web and have you take pleasure in the internet with no difficulty of mind, no more fears.

The most excellent method to implement such things, IMO, is with iptables or if you favor setup squid as a see-through proxy. With iptables you can limit outbound transfer per user depends on lots of factors including time of day and objective. If you require whatever thing further than those, next would be to utilize something for example DansGuardian. DansGuardian requires some concentration as it is not possible to ship with a set of defaults which will assure everybody.

I will investigate the iptables. Can you put this per user? As well, how do you obtain Firefox settings to be the similar across every user? I have to setup every add-on for each novel user at present. I can begin a novel thread if this is too far off topic. The just cause I posted here is if I am to do the iptables per user, I will make one more user in Firefox for my friends to utilize. But, after that I have to put all the settings once more and setup the add-ons how much I know. That is not that tough, but if I can inherit my present Firefox settings from the one user, that would be immense.

I install the iptables which you had suggested. After that, on single user spotting to port 8118, I can utilize the privoxy site. On the limited user, pointing to port 8080, I cannot access the privoxy site since DansGuardian barren it. I am as well not certain why it was barren because it appears to be a legitimate site. Thus, on to the next item, I cannot even discover where I can arrange anything for DansGuardian. I don't have anything for it below Parental Control below Administration. I seemed on that documentation page for DansGuardian, but they are all dissimilar setups. Is there a file I seem at or a menu item below System Administration or a bit like that?