Thread: SSL not working on standard Firefox

SSL not working on standard Firefox

Friends, I have recently booted to the Mint Operating System on a virtual machine. It was a fresh installation. But when I tried to go to the iGoogle.com then instead of opening the page it shows me the error given below.
    Secure Connection Failed
    An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

Can't connect securely because the SSL protocol has been disabled.

(Error code: ssl_error_ssl_disabled)
    After some time, I found that it was happening for all the websites that needed the SSL. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me and how can I get out of this issue? Please help me.

re: SSL not working on standard Firefox

I think that you need to check in the preferences and ensure that the SSL and the TLS are enabled from there. If that is not enabled then make that enable and save the changes. You may have disabled that or it may be disabled by some other application that you use. Anyway if that is disabled then make it enable and after saving that try to visit those sites again. This time you should not get the problem for that. I wish that this will solve the problem for you. You can also check for the proxy settings.

Check if that is the problem with the specific profile. If that is with some specific profile then you need to create the new profile. You have to press Press <Alt>+<F2> and after that type the syntax below.
    firefox –ProfileManager
    After that, you have to create a new profile. Login with that profile and see if you are getting the same there also. If it is to only one account then you will not get the problem this time. This is the best think that you need to try in the conditions like this.

There may be one more thing that you need to try. All you have to do is just rename /home/<username>/.mozilla directory to some new name and save that file. Once you are done with this then you can try to start the Firefox again. I did the same when I was getting somewhat similar problem and it solves the issue for me but the error message was somewhat different. I hope that this will do the same for you also. Good Luck!!!

As you told that you installed Mint in Virtual Machine. Whereas Virtual Machine is a enormous tool it is not for all time 100% ideal. Instead you can attempt to boot the machine as of the Live CD/DVD then try to right to make use of the sites again. If it functions this time then the difficulty is probable within the VM setup. You may also make sure the md5 checksum for your download of Mint. There is possibility that you are having the bad copy of it.