Thread: Unable to install MySQL and MySQL Workbench on Linux mint 10

Unable to install MySQL and MySQL Workbench on Linux mint 10

I am working on the Linux based platform and it is really serving me the best. Actually the thing here is that I am not able to install the MySQL and MySQL Workbench on my operating system. Well I really don’t know what the reason behind it is and why it is not letting me to do the installation and also why it is not letting me to do the installation. Whenever I am trying to do the installation the process starts but then in between the system freezes and only option remains in front of me is to begin the process is to reboot the system. Please help me out in this case.

Re: Unable to install MySQL and MySQL Workbench on Linux mint 10

The first thing that I would like to tell you here is that the software that you are trying to install is not compatible on your system and that is the reason why it is giving you the problems. Now what you have to do here is that just try and check whether the system is really compatible or not and if it is not then you please don’t try and force the installation because it may harm the other programs of the system also. I hope that this will make you understand why you are facing this issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the MySQL that you are trying to install is not proper or we can say it as a corrupted set up and that is the reason why it is not coping up with the system. So what you have to do here is that just try and download the software from the official site and then install it on the system I am sure that installing the original and trusted copy will help you out in this case.

Well I am having the similar kind of issue where I want to install the MySQL on my system which is Linux mint enabled and also the setup that I am having is from a trusted source and an original copy but the only thing that is worrying me here is that if I will commit a single mistake then it may harm the other programs on it. So I need the proper steps that will help me to install the MySQL on my systems and that too in a proper way.

As per my knowledge there is a manual available to download and then install the My SOL on your system and they are further divided in number of sections. But now if you will ask me then I will suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps which are based on the manuals:
    1. Determine whether your platform is supported. Note that all systems do not support the My SQL Build Solution My SQL is more robust and efficient than others.
    2. Choose a distribution to install. Several versions of My SQL are available in several distribution formats. You can choose a version made with pre-compiled executable, or a source version. We also provide public access to our development server to test the new code.
    3. Install the distribution. For binary distributions, see Section 2.3, "Installing MySQL on Other Unix-Like Systems" . For source distributions, use Section 2.4, "MySQL Installation Using a Source Distribution" . Each instruction set includes a section specifically for decks.
      • Note: If you plan to change the version of an existing installation of MySQL to a newer version rather than install MySQL for the first time, see Section Section 2.6, "Upgrading MySQL" for information on updates, and problems you might encounter.
    4. If you encounter installation problems, see Section Section 2.8, "Notes on specific operating systems" for information on solving problems for particular platforms.
    5. These procedures apply to both the binary distribution as the distribution source. This section also describes how to secure the initial MySQL accounts, with no password until you assign them.
    6. If you want to run the MySQL benchmark scripts, Perl support for MySQL must be available.