| || |
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: Unable to install MySQL and MySQL Workbench on Linux mint 10
As per my knowledge there is a manual available to download and then install the My SOL on your system and they are further divided in number of sections. But now if you will ask me then I will suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps which are based on the manuals:
- Determine whether your platform is supported. Note that all systems do not support the My SQL Build Solution My SQL is more robust and efficient than others.
- Choose a distribution to install. Several versions of My SQL are available in several distribution formats. You can choose a version made with pre-compiled executable, or a source version. We also provide public access to our development server to test the new code.
- Install the distribution. For binary distributions, see Section 2.3, "Installing MySQL on Other Unix-Like Systems" . For source distributions, use Section 2.4, "MySQL Installation Using a Source Distribution" . Each instruction set includes a section specifically for decks.
- Note: If you plan to change the version of an existing installation of MySQL to a newer version rather than install MySQL for the first time, see Section Section 2.6, "Upgrading MySQL" for information on updates, and problems you might encounter.
- If you encounter installation problems, see Section Section 2.8, "Notes on specific operating systems" for information on solving problems for particular platforms.
- These procedures apply to both the binary distribution as the distribution source. This section also describes how to secure the initial MySQL accounts, with no password until you assign them.
- If you want to run the MySQL benchmark scripts, Perl support for MySQL must be available.