Thread: App lost after downloading Libreoffice

App lost after downloading Libreoffice

Friends, I am using the Firefox browser in my computer and using this, I have downloaded the Libreoffice in my computer. It was a zip file and so I extracted the file. After completion of the extraction, it shows me the message that says that the extraction was successful. But I am not able to find that app. I don’t know that where it is gone. Please tell me that how can I make that available and use that app. I searched at all the places in all the way that I know but cannot locate that. So if you have any idea about these then please share that with me. Thank you.

Re: App lost after downloading Libreoffice

My suggestion to you is to try to extract the file once again and see. Do it again and notice that where you are extracting the files or you can also search for that file. You will find that there is one search proggy within the menu. Which kind of the package you have downloaded. If that is the deb then I like to tell you that it is already installed in your system. You can check that in the installed list and see if that is listed there.

I don’t think that extracting the file will install that file. You have got to install the .deb files. You require discovering the folder wherever you have extracted the files and after that locate the subfolder that has the name as DEBS and go there. After that, open the terminal and type "sudo dpkg -i *.deb". As you type this and press enter then it will perform the installation. If you do not desire it to be installed intended for the entire users and need it in your own /home then you be able to leave out the sudo but you will be obliged to add subfolder to your path otherwise place a shortcut on top of your desktop or else within a panel. You can yourself add it to the menus. But the simplest way is to make use of sudo.

This seems that you are downloading the 'RPM' package and so you are getting problem like this. If that is the case then delete the downloaded file and search for the 'DEB' package for Libreoffice. Download and extract that in your computer. When you extract that then only it will get installed in your computer and you will not get any problem like this. So try this once and see if this can help you or not. I have downloaded the same but it does not create any issue.

I am not sure that what you have downloaded and why you are getting this problem. But in my case, I have downloaded this and extracted and I get the extracted file without any issue. You can click here to download the same in your PC and see if that can help you. If it worked without any issue on mine then it will do the same thing on your computer also. Good Luck!!!