Thread: Need video editor for Linux 10

Need video editor for Linux 10

I have recently upgraded my operating system from windows 7 to Linux mint 10 and it is really serving me the best. As I am new towards Linux that is the reason why facing some minor issues but nothing else. Now the thing here is that I need to install the best possible video editor for my system but I really don’t know which one is the compatible one so please someone suggest me the pest option available for my system. And the other thing is that I have an experience of using the Sony Vegas and it is really one of the best so can I get anything like it or can I use the Sony Vegas on this system? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need video editor for Linux 10

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to go with the Cinelerra editing tool and mind you it is one of the best tool that is currently available. Cinelerra is an editing tool that lets you view, edit, cut, and paste different audio and video media, which has many editing functions such as video transitions and sound effects. All video editing operations are real time, so it is possible to see in the window compositor effects without any calculation. The software comes in the form of 4 pallets of work:
    • A variety of visualization and cutting footage videos
    • A range of pre-visualization of the final,
    • A pallet assembly and timeline
    • A range of resources, libraries and special effects of various tools.

Well there is one more video editor that will support your system and also will fit in to it and it is the Avidemux.Avidemux is a video editor, allowing making cuts, and applying filters to encode video. He is considered the equivalent of VirtualDub (available only on Windows). Avidemux is simple to use: just a few clicks to edit and encode video.It allow encoding a large number of video formats including H264 and a large number of containers, including MPEG, MP4 and MKV. For example you can post a video in reverse. I am sure that after installing this one you will definitely solve the issue.

Why don’t you go with the Kdenlive, it is also a software for non-linear editing of video. It is multi-(video tracks, audio tracks), allows the use of transitions, effects, video and audio with clear and intuitive interface. It handles multiple input formats and output. Kdenlive can do almost anything with your videos:
    • Open many audio formats, video and image: mpeg, avi, dv, vob, wav, ogg, mp3, gif, jpg, png, svg, etc.. ; ;
    • Export in many formats: mpeg, dv, vob, realvideo, flash, theora ogg, wav, mp3, xvid, quicktime, etc.. ; ;
    • Add plenty of sound effects (volume, normalize, mute) or video (blur, gamma, mirror, invert, sepia, solarization, speed, brightness, etc.).
    • Super add transitions between shots look pretty: crossfade, moving, keying, Scanning, all very configurable, and the effects are applied directly in the preview, so easy to choose what you prefer;
    • Drag and drop your files directly from the file manager;
    • Capture videos from DV Firewire port;
    • Copy and paste the clips, effects or transitions;
    • And other useful features such as trademarks and guides and the multitrack view.

I have gone through the issue that you are facing and it seems to me that Sony vegas will not help you cause here because it is not ment for the linux operating system, but I have an better option for you have that is Kino. Kino is a video editing software for beginners. Kino is the ideal software to manipulate your videos from your DV camcorder. For the starter it is the best one and I guess installing this one will help you a lot and also you will not face any problems in future.