Thread: opera browser is working slow in Linux

opera browser is working slow in Linux

I am using the opera browser for my system .Well the problems is that my opera browser is working very slow in the Linux operating system. Well I am very new to the Linux operating system. I used windows earlier it used to work perfectly fine. Now I have come across various forums who say that it is due to the ipv6 protocol and the Linux kernel does not support it. Is this true? In my case opera takes around 20 seconds to open a particular page it has become so much slow. So do you have any ideas why is this happening? Please do let me know.

Re: opera browser is working slow in Linux

Well you can definitely try with the Mozilla Firefox. Firefox really runs very well with the Linux operating system and it does not give any problem. So you can try with this particular browser. As per the ipv6 feature is concerned do try disabling it in the router. So you can go with any of the browser or try disabling the ipv6 feature. If you want to continue with the opera then go with the opera 11 browser. It is much faster than the Firefox. So you can go with this option also.

Well reading about your problem that you are facing now, the same problem was with one of my friend. The problem is commonly termed as opera dns problem. So what you have to do int this case is you have to set the dns address to the isp that you are using manually in the network connections of the control panel. It worked out for him. You can also try with the same solution it will also help you. So go ahead and try with this solution and let me know if it works or not.

Well I really don’t think so the linux kernel has problems working with the ipv6 protocol. All the latest kernels that are released by the linux supports the ipv6 protocol. So you don’t need to worry about the linux operating system. Well what I can say about the browser issue is that if it is taking so much time to open a page then there must be some issue with the browser. You can try some different browser and work on it accordingly. So I hope you have got my suggestion.