Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to launch Google earth in the Linux mint 10

Windows Software

Old 12-01-2011

Unable to launch Google earth in the Linux mint 10

I have recently upgraded my Linux mint derbian edition from 32 bit to the 64 bit. Well there was no problem during the upgrading process. Everything went smooth. The only problem that I faced was during the launch of the Google earth. Well this particular application does not open. Well it used to open up with my earlier operating system that was the 32 bit linux mint. This time it gave me a strange problem that I will list down below. I cannot guess the problem behind these? If you have any solutions then do let me know as soon as possible.
Code:
squiddy@squiddy's ~ $ googleearth
/usr/lib32/googleearth/googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libQtCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Old 12-01-2011

Re: Unable to launch Google earth in the Linux mint 10

Well are you using the latest version of the Google earth. If you are using that version then let me tell you many of the Linux users have stated facing this type of problem. Well it has got a atmosphere rendering effects that must be disabled for a smooth functioning of the Google earth. Also ensure that you get rid of the compiz application that you are having in the system. Compiz does not allow google earth to run properly in the system. So you being a linux user must take care of the following conditions. So do let me know whether this suggestion was helpful for you or not.
Old 12-01-2011

If you are using the ATI fglrx driver for your linux then you might be facing this problem. Since many of my friends who have Linux as their operating system and also having the particular ati driver have faced this issue. Where the Google earth will just freeze up during the start up and will refuse to go ahead. So my advice would be to change the ati driver and get a ibGL.so.1.2. Once you get that file you have put that particular file in the Google map directory. Once you get there rename it by the ibGL.so.1.2. Once you done with that start the Google map and it will run perfectly well. Do these changes and let me know if it works or not.
Old 12-01-2011

If you ask me I think so after upgrading some part of the files may have gone missing and that?s why it is just refusing to start up. So what you can do is uninstall the particular application and again do a fresh installation of the particular application. Looking at the error I think some of the library files or the folder must have gone missing. So a fresh installation is required. You can go to the terminal and type the following command
Code:
sudo apt-get install googleearth
This will automatically install the Google earth again.
Old 13-01-2011

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. Well I wanted to say that I did try with all the suggestions but none of them seemed to have worked. Since it can be the upgradation issue. So I am better thinking of reinstalling it again. There may be a possibility of the missing of some files while upgrading. Well I also tried finding some solutions in the internet but none of them seemed to have work.Anyways thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,