Thread: Linux mint: Bluray file playback

Linux mint: Bluray file playback

There are 2 things keeping me from setup Linux Mint 9 on my laptop that is problems with HDMI output and video records at 740p and 1060p. I like to connect my HDMI cable to my TV to play these records but it’s uneven to few points where it is maddening me. My laptop contained a 9200 Nvidia integrated card. While I do comprehensive desktop format like I do in windows 7 I misplace the premium visuals too. As I say once more this just occurs with HDMI output and one more note is that there is no sound via this output. Other than this problem I say Linux Mint is perfect. I have looked around but my programming ability is not all that vast. So if somebody could place easy steps to repair this it would be much respected.

Re: Linux mint: Bluray file playback

Have you attempted the novel VLC, I observe it have HD fixtures. For the sound, attempt departing to sound in the Menu and on the hardware flap, observe if you can alter the Profile to a digital output to make out if that assists. Or there is one more way how you can solve your sound problem, for digital sound setup gnome AlsaMixers. Sprint it and enable IEC958. I wish this all information is useful to solve your problems.

No I have not given it a shot had problems with VLC in windows so did not think regarding it in Linux, will post fallout shortly as I can. With HDMI output and one more notes is that there is no sound via this output. I have attempted that. The just sound I get is threw the headphone and involved speakers. I can avoid this problem but it would be suitable if I could obtain sound on that setting. But as you say at last about AlsaMixers, It works great now. Now I have translucent Bluray playback. No more avoiding yet another YouTube Script attempt to keep this in mind for future situations.

I solved the split screen problem but still no audio for HDMI output but still containing problems with Bluray playback. In this present point it will play the video file perfect but my audio is still uneven. I am going to perceive if I can discover a few other media player and observe if it works. I think I resolved the problem I was playing with the NVIDIA X server settings and unchecked power Full GPU Scaling, at present utilizing a few experiments and will update next day.

I was not at all able to obtain excellence HD playback (actually even inferior resolution playback undergone horizontal tearing) with mint although having all the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card setup. I attempted a exist version of PCLinuxOS and it played every files flawlessly! So I setup that on my media computer. I am hesitant of the cause for this dissimilarity, I got the simple root and it just works, why re-discover the controls? PCLinuxOS utilizes Smplayer (I as well utilize VLC and that as well gives ideal playback) by default and that allows you rapidly setup default video output types, it originally utilized "vx" as the driver that worked well, but later than modernizing the system I switched to VDPAU that in fact gave inferior outcome than vx earlier than the upgrade. I hope now I had attempted utilizing Smplayer in Mint possibly that would have put the top driver in Mint also.