Thread: Do every windows software require wine to run in Linux

Do every windows software require wine to run in Linux

I want to run a Microsoft office program in my computer. Well what I want to say is that is it necessary to have a wine in my Linux operating system to run any program from the windows. The reason I am asking this is because I have no idea how to install the wine and I don’t have much knowledge about it regarding the operation of the wine. So that’s why I was asking is there any other application that will allow me to install the windows office program. I have heard about the open office but I am not at all impressed with it. So any more suggestions from your side will be highly appreciated.

Re: Do every windows software require wine to run in Linux

If you ask me then I would say that mint is very necessary to run any windows program in the Linux operating system. So that’s why it is very necessary. Well in order to get the information regarding the installation of the wine and how to use it then you can get that easily from the internet. According to me running a wine application in your system is very simple and it acts as a windows platform for all the windows software in the Linux operating system. If you want more information on the installation of the wine then you can also check the following link How to get Wine installed on my Linux Mint Laptop
    So I hope you have got the necessary information.

Let me tell you there is a product named cross over which is specially designed for all the office products from the Microsoft. All the windows programs like office, lotus notes and other applications can be run easily in the Linux. Well you can definitely go with this product as it is claimed to be a neat product with impressive performance by many of the websites. So you cannot complain regarding its performance. It does not give you any compatibility issue and allows you to run any copy of the windows office smoothly in the Linux operating system. So I hope you have got the exact information that you were looking for.

Well if you are having any problem regarding the installation of the wine then let me solve it. What you have to do is follow these steps
    1) Go to the system and then select the administration from the software sources.
    2) Select the other software source tab and then click add.
    3) Type the command ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa in the text box and select the add source button.
    4) After that click on close and reboot the system. Whatever package information is there do reload it whenever you want.
    Well I would advice you to go with the wine application as it is very easy to use.

Hey thanks a lot for the information that you have given me. Well let me tell you that I installed the wine application from the steps that you have suggested and let me tell you that working with the wine is a very easy task and it is very simple to use. So wine is running perfectly well in my linux. I am able to run all the windows office programs in the linux operating system. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have provided.