Thread: System requirements for AutoCAD Map 3D 2011

System requirements for AutoCAD Map 3D 2011

Recently I am thinking to install the AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 on my system in which I am using Windows 7. My friend tried to install it but he was having some issue while installing. He is having doubt that maybe the is not having enough requirements that is needed by this application. So I thought to post here and first confirm the system requirements for AutoCAD Map 3D 2011. Also I am not aware about more things that are present in AutoCAD Map 3D 2011, so my request would be to provide some more information about it. I am hoping that someone hanging out there will help me soon.

Re: System requirements for AutoCAD Map 3D 2011

The following are the system requirements AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 (32 bit) :
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Business or Ultimate (SP1 or higher) or Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2 or higher)
    • Windows 7 or Vista Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon Dual-Core processor, 3.0 GHz or better with SSE2 technology
    • Windows XP, Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon Dual-Core processor, 1.6 GHz or better with SSE2 technology
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 1280 x 768 (recommended 1280 x 1024 / 32-bit True Color) with True Color
    • 3 GB of free hard disk space for installation from a DVD and 6 GB to install the download version
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
    • DVD drive
    • Citrix XenApp 4.5 or 5.0 (optional)
    • Feature Data Objects (FDO) Version 3.5 (optional)

System requirements AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 (64 bit):
    • Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise, Windows Vista Enterprise, Business or Ultimate (SP1 or higher) or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (SP2)
    • AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support or Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support, and with SSE2 technology
    • 4 GB RAM
    • Video card 1280 x 1024 / 32-bit color (True Color) 128 MB or more *
    • 3 GB of free hard disk space for installation from a DVD and 6 GB to install the download version
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
    • DVD drive
    • Citrix XenApp 4.5 or 5.0 (optional)
    • Feature Data Objects (FDO) Version 3.5 (optional)
    You will have to keep in mind that the AutoCAD Map 3D 64-bit can not be installed on a 32-bit Windows operating system. If you want to install the AutoCAD Map 3D 64-bit, your operating system must also be of 64-bit.

AutoCAD Map 3D is an application for advanced GIS analysis, based on the world's best selling CAD software AutoCAD. It offers all the benefits of AutoCAD, such as the extensive design and editing functions. is also in AutoCAD Map 3D is a separate spatial data management integrated with which you create within the familiar AutoCAD environment, attribute data (attribute data), edit, analyze, and query their spatial characteristics may. The topology model of AutoCAD Map 3D offers extensive opportunities for both complex and fast data analysis. You can define neighborhood relations between the drawing elements to determine distances and surface areas and perform complex spatial analysis, such as intersections, buffer zoning, network expansion and network monitoring.

I am sure that you should be also interested in knowing the features of AutoCAD Map 3D. AutoCAD Map 3D provides a wider access to different spatial data formats and spatial databases. In addition to the existing ways of accessing Oracle Spatial and ArcSDE now the integration of MySQL and MS SQL databases is possible, each of which can store spatial data. In addition, databases stored coordinates are included in a drawing in ODBC. The direct access to ESRI Shape files is also possible. In contrast to import ESRI shape files, the geometry data in Autodesk Map directly and can be displayed - as well as the associated attribute data - edit. A conversion is no longer necessary. Regardless of the source of the dialog control to access, query and display the same in all cases - making the management and integration of new source much easier.

AutoCAD Map 3D provides the use of any Web Map Services (WMS) and Web Feature Services (WFS). The new digital terrain model allows the generation of surfaces on a grid basis. Basis for the new terrain model, DEM, DTED and ESRI GRID data, which are particularly for mapping large-scale spaces are used. On the ground level can, for example, aerial photographs, but also vector data can be projected. For the presentation of spatial data with AutoCAD Map 3D creates or manages, facilitates AutoCAD Map 3D, the transfer to Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise.

AutoCAD Map 3D supports both vector data, of course, the various raster image formats and their correlation sources for geo-referencing. Also, the data transfer from and to other GI systems is not a problem: AutoCAD Map 3D offers for all major GIS formats such as ArcView Shape, ArcInfo coverages, ArcInfo export format E00, MapInfo MIF / MID and TAB, DGN, GML 2 including efficient export and import functions.

The definition of project drawings and source allows you to simultaneously draw on the content of multiple drawing files, ie you are no longer bound by drawing borders and leaf sections. You can now objects and data associated with this drawing in the active drawing and analyzing query. Within a network environment, offers AutoCAD Map 3D also the opportunity to collaborate with other people to use this functionality and the associated drawings simultaneously access, edit and changes if necessary. For managing your attribute data in AutoCAD Map 3D, you have two different ways: smaller amounts of data you can for fast and flexible analysis in internal object data tables - store - directly in the drawing. Or you can organize your data in external databases like MS Access, Oracle or any other arbitrary ODBC-compliant database.