Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

A/V software for Mint Studio

Windows Software

Old 12-01-2011

A/V software for Mint Studio

I want to ask you the way by which I will be able to install the necessary A/V software intended for my little studio. I have attempted frequently to obtain a realtime kernel installed. Ubuntu Studio has been a frightening to setup, and I would actually quite make use of Mint as compared to my present Windows setup, if, for no other cause, to just tap into a number of grave Ardour awesomeness. Please help me.

Old 12-01-2011

Re: A/V software for Mint Studio

The best solution for you is to install the Mint 10 on your system it is having its own partitions. So try this and see if that can solve the problem for you. Other than this, you can also try to install the updates for this if you do not want to move on to the Mint 10. There is one more suggestion from my side that you can install the UbuntuStudio software metapackages in your system and see if that can help you to solve the issue for you. So these are the suggestion that I can provide you right now. So go with this and I wish that this will help you too.
Old 12-01-2011

As suggested above that you should install the whole Ubuntu Studio metapackage. I also be agree that this is the good suggestion but according to me it will me better for you if you install just the applications that you wish to use rather than the entire package. It is just a suggestion to you from my side. But the choice is again yours and you can do the thing that you wish to do.
Old 12-01-2011

Installing the selected application will really be good thing and I was also trying to do the same earlier but I would like to tell you that it will take more time then installing the whole metapackage. So You should install the metapackage and is will save most of your time. The biggest problem in installing that is to install the -rt kernel. That is not so simple and that take most of the time of the entire installation.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,