Thread: How to import Sent and Received Faxes

How to import Sent and Received Faxes

I am unable to access my old sent as well as received faxes by means of the Windows 7 Fax and Scan application. Windows XP had an Import characteristic in Fax Console; however this does not emerge to be present in Windows 7. I have productively sent and received fresh faxes under Windows 7, furthermore these are displayed as predictable, on the other hand, though I by myself copy my old Fax .tif files into the suitable new directory, they are still not displayed. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: How to import Sent and Received Faxes

TIFF is short form for ‘Tagged Image File Format’. The format itself at present is copyrighted through the Adobe Corporation. It is a kind of graphic format similar to a .JPG or else .GIF, however make use of a lossless kind compression that formulate it very fine suitable for high resolution images. It is as well prone to incompatibility troubles and be able to from time to time effect in big file sizes, which is why .JPG has turn out to be the more admired way of saving and sharing graphic files. For the reason that it is able to support numerous pages the .TIFF file is favored for Document Imaging inside Microsoft Office.

Instructions for Windows 7 :
    1. Go to start menu and select Control Panel furthermore open Default Programs.
    2. Click on ‘Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program’ and you will require waiting for some time for the list of file extensions to load.
    3. Navigate to .TIF and click on it to highlight and after that click “Change program” button
    4. Click on the program once and click OK. The same thing you need to do for .TIFF file.
    You must browse to the preferred program’s exe file if it does not roll up within the list; however that’s just if you be familiar with what other program is believed to open the file.

Instructions for Microsoft Office 2007:
    If you obtain a .TIFF file that you cannot open, the simplest solution for those people who have Microsoft Office 2007. All you have to perform is:
    1. Go to start menu and after that go to all programs-> Microsft office-> Microosft office tools-> Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
    2. At what time the program loads, go to Tools -> Options furthermore click on the other tab.
    Note: If you click on the Reset button, it will alter your Windows file links with the intention that .TIF and .TIFF files for all time open by means of Microsoft Document Imaging.

Thanks for your respond, and sorry for the wait in my answer. I imagine I may possibly have miss-phrased my post. I do not have a trouble by means of viewing .tif files - that is now the format that Microsoft Fax or Windows Fax and Scan saves faxes in. My trouble is that I will like to be able on the way to Import my old Sent plus Received faxes on the Windows 7 Windows Fax & Scan app therefore I may possibly view as well as class their factor and access them by means of the interactive log pages of the Fax app. The earlier Fax Console app in Windows XP had this extremely helpful Import capability.

Is this pretty much characteristic of a new Microsoft operating system once more? People are left to sink on their own with no answer. I have the similar trouble and had finished each and every one of the advice that you had posted yet previous to reading it. We have many essential faxes in our dealing. My windows XP crashed at the same time as I was repairing it furthermore I ended up installing windows 7 with no homework for moving the data and settings; I immediately want on the way to have access to my faxes without going to the directory as well as opening them individually to observe which ones are the credentials I require.