Thread: Getting Error While Refreshing Update Manager

Getting Error While Refreshing Update Manager

When I try to refresh my Update Manager in Mint 9 it is showing an error mark for more than 10 days now. The error message when I attempt to refresh states that “Failed to fetch packages.linuxmint-fr.net/dists/isadora/Release Unable to find predictable entry multiverse/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.”I have attempted so other different downloads but no success.Is this a trouble with my system, or else should I just be more patient? Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting Error While Refreshing Update Manager

After reading you post I tried to find solution to your issue. But after referring to internet for more than an hour I come to know that Mint does not have a multiverse repo. I will recommend you to edit your Software Sources as well as remove any reference to multiverse or else universe on the mint line. Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue. If you have any further assistance please let me know.

I will recommend you to try this tip. Open a run dialog by pressing Alt+F2 and type gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list as well as enter your password. In gedit discover the line (be supposed to be near top) that initiate deb plus refers to linuxmint repos and you be supposed to discover the words universe and multiverse at the end of the line, immediately remove those words from that line and save the file as well as exit gedit. If this resolve your issue please let u know about the result.

Thanks once more for your valuable suggestion. I have followed your procedure. As per your recommendation the words 'universe' and 'multiverse' seems to be on three lines; so I deleted them. However the Update Manager still be unsuccessful to update. The error message remains the dame, at what time I can acquire it to work. It also says that 'Another application is using APT'.The Update Manager did function at what time I first used Mint and I had not knowingly altered any of the settings.I have been making use of update manager to update a variety of modules. The updates are known, however the real update of whatever I choose by no means begin, the progress meter states at the start with preparing to update below it.

I also have this issue. But know I have it functioning, on Drupal 7. In my case, I was operating on my own linux box, as a result I required installing proftpd with the intention that I was running a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server. The 7.0 release, not like the alphas and betas, pops up a page for giving ftp credentials. On one occasion I had File Transfer Protocol (FTP) installed with a user through the appropriate permissions and pointing to the Drupal root of the domain, the updates/new installs function similar to a charm.