Thread: Transfer Outlook Express saved emails and address book to a new Windows 7 laptop WLM

Transfer Outlook Express saved emails and address book to a new Windows 7 laptop WLM

I have a Windows XP asus laptop with OE. I would like to move my OE saved emails as well as address book to my latest Windows 7 laptop with WLM. My new Windows 7 laptop is not able to read, dbx files, so immediately copying from a removable Hard Disk does not effort. I am starting to qualm if Windows 7 was such great thought.so please helps me to get out from this issue.

re: Transfer Outlook Express saved emails and address book to a new Windows 7 laptop WLM

Windows Live mail will surely bring in dbx files. Why would you believe that it would READ dbx files?You have to Copy the whole OE message store into a latest folder on your Windows 7 machine, if possible in your Documents folder. After that in WLM perform File-Import-Messages-Outlook Express 6 as well as navigate to the folder you copies the entire the dbx files to. You have to make sure that that folder comprises the file known as Folders.dbx

re: Transfer Outlook Express saved emails and address book to a new Windows 7 laptop WLM

You have to open Outlook Express after that Tools and then Maintenance Tab after that Store Folder. Keep information of its position as well as navigate to it. If you have not moved it, it is in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express. You might have to explain 'hidden' files in Folder choice to observe it. You have to Close Outlook Express. Copy the entire folder to an outside source. You have to take out some ‘Read only’ attributes through right-press and then Properties.

You could shift the mail boxes to an ‘easier-to-get-at’ position; you have to go to My Documents as well as after that you have to make a folder named Mail Boxes. At the moment open Outlook Express after that go to Tools and then Maintenance Tab after that Store Folder and at the last you have to Change as well as type the position of the latest folder. The store position is now simple to navigate to as well as it is not hidden.